In this post, we are sharing resources to help you prepare for the AWS Certified DevOps Engineer – Professional DOP-C01 exam. All details about the exam and AWS resources that can help you prepare, we also share the practice exam to help you have good experiences before taking the exam. This credential helps organizations identify and develop talent with critical skills for implementing cloud initiatives. Earning AWS Certified DevOps Engineer – Professional validates the ability to automate the testing and deployment of AWS infrastructure and applications.
- 1 Who should take this exam?
- 2 Exam overview
- 3 Languages offered
- 4 Is this AWS Certification right for you?
- 5 What does it take to earn this certification?
- 6 Introduction
- 7 Exam content
- 8 Share this:
- 9 Like this:
Who should take this exam?
AWS Certified DevOps Engineer – Professional is intended for individuals with two or more years of experience provisioning, operating, and managing AWS environments. Before you take this exam, we recommend you have:
- Ability to implement and manage continuous delivery systems and methodologies on AWS.
- Experience developing code in at least one high-level programming language; building highly automated infrastructures; and administering operating systems.
- Ability to define and deploy monitoring, metrics, and logging systems on AWS.
- Understanding of modern development and operations processes and methodologies.
- Ability to implement and automate security controls, governance processes, and compliance validation.
Cost: 300 USD
Format: 75 questions, either multiple choice or multiple response
Delivery method: Pearson VUE and PSI; testing center or online proctored exam
Length: 180 minutes to complete the exam
This exam is offered in the following languages: English, Japanese, Korean, and Simplified Chinese.
Is this AWS Certification right for you?
You can see the AWS Certification Path and will know is this right for you. It’s cover all AWS Certification available.
What does it take to earn this certification?
To earn this certification, you’ll need to take and pass the AWS Certified DevOps Engineer – Professional exam (DOP-C01). The exam features a combination of two question formats: multiple choice and multiple response. Additional information, such as the exam content outline and passing score, is in the exam guide.
The exam also validates a candidate’s ability to complete the following tasks:
- Define and deploy monitoring, metrics, and logging systems on AWS.
- Implement and manage continuous delivery systems and methodologies on AWS.
- Design, manage, and maintain tools to automate operational processes.
- Implement and automate security controls, governance processes, and compliance validation.
- Implement systems that are highly available, scalable, and self-healing on the AWS platform.
The AWS Certified DevOps Engineer – Professional (DOP-C01) exam is intended for individuals who perform a DevOps engineer role. The exam validates a candidate’s technical expertise in provisioning, operating, and managing distributed application systems on the AWS platform.
Target candidate description
The target candidate is expected to have 2 or more years of experience provisioning, operating, and managing AWS environments. The target candidate must also have experience developing code in at least one high-level programming language.
Don’t worry. You can save a lot of time with our material. We’re sharing a lot of good practice exams and an actual exam version includes real questions to help you clear the exam in the easiest way and with videos to help you practice anytime and anywhere.
Actual Exam Version:
AWS Certified DevOps Engineer Professional DOP-C01 Actual Exam
Recommended AWS knowledge
The target candidate should have the following knowledge:
- Experience administering operating systems.
- Experience building highly automated infrastructures.
- An understanding of modern development and operations processes and methodologies.
What is considered out of scope for the target candidate?
The following is a non-exhaustive list of related job tasks that the target candidate is not expected to be able to perform. These items are considered out of scope for the exam:
- Database query and performance optimization.
- Advanced networking (advanced routing algorithms, failover techniques).
- Normalization of data schemes.
- Deep-level security recommendations for developers.
- Full-stack application code development.
Unanswered questions are scored as incorrect; there is no penalty for guessing. The exam includes 65 questions that will affect your score.
Select one or more responses that best complete the statement or answer the question. Distractors, or incorrect answers, are response options that a candidate with incomplete knowledge or skill might choose. Distractors are generally plausible responses that match the content area.
There are two types of questions on the exam:
- Multiple response: Has two or more correct responses out of five or more response options.
- Multiple choice: Has one correct response and three incorrect responses (distractors)
The exam includes 10 unscored questions that do not affect your score. AWS collects information about candidate performance on these unscored questions to evaluate these questions for future use as scored questions. These unscored questions are not identified on the exam.
Your score report may contain a table of classifications of your performance at each section level. This information is intended to provide general feedback about your exam performance. The exam uses a compensatory scoring model, which means that you do not need to achieve a passing score in each section. You need to pass only the overall exam.
Each section of the exam has a specific weighting, so some sections have more questions than other sections have. The table contains general information that highlights your strengths and weaknesses. Use caution when interpreting section-level feedback.
The AWS Certified DevOps Engineer – Professional (DOP-C01) exam is a pass or fail exam. The exam is scored against a minimum standard established by AWS professionals who follow certification industry best practices and guidelines.
Your results for the exam are reported as a scaled score of 100–1,000. The minimum passing score is 750. Your score shows how you performed on the exam as a whole and whether or not you passed. Scaled scoring models help equate scores across multiple exam forms that might have slightly different difficulty levels.
How often exams are updated
AWS Certified DevOps Engineer – Professional DOP-C01 exam regularly rotates questions in and out that adhere to the exam guide. Major revisions to an exam, including changes to an exam guide, will be made public. The exam guide for each exam lists the current topic areas covered by the exam.
How many questions do I need to answer correctly to achieve a passing score?
AWS Certification passing scores are set by using statistical analysis and are subject to change. AWS does not publish exam passing scores because exam questions and passing scores are updated to reflect changes in test forms as the content is updated.
When will you get your exam results?
Upon completing most exams, you will receive a preliminary pass or fail notification on the testing screen. However, you may not receive a pass or fail notification on the testing screen upon completing the AWS Certified SysOps Administration – Associate (SOA-C02) and AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Professional (SAP-C01) exams. Your detailed exam results will be available within five business days of completing your exam in your AWS Certification Account, under Previous Exams.
Beta exam results are typically available 90 days (13 weeks) or less from the close of the beta exam. You will be notified via email once your exam results are available in your AWS Certification Account.
What is the retake policy?
If you fail an exam, you must wait 14 days before you are eligible to retake the exam. There is no limit on exam attempts. However, you must pay the full registration fee for each exam attempt. Once you have passed an exam, you will not be able to retake the same exam for two years. If the exam has been updated with a new exam guide and exam series code, you will be eligible to take the new exam version.
Note that beta exam test takers can take the beta version only once, after which they will need to wait to retake the exam when the official certification exam becomes generally available.
This exam guide includes weightings, test domains, and objectives for the exam. It is not a comprehensive listing of the content on the exam. However, additional context for each of the objectives is available to help guide your preparation for the exam. The following table lists the main content domains and their weightings. The table precedes the complete exam content outline, which includes the additional context. The percentage in each domain represents only scored content.
- Getting AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner Certification CLF-C01 in 2022
- AWS Certification Exam Scoring and content in 2022
- How can I prepare for AWS Certification Exam in 2022?
- Top 10 faqs about getting AWS Certified and AWS Certification in 2022
- Getting AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Professional Exam In 2022?
- How I Passed The AWS Certified Security – Specialty Exam In 2022?
- How To Integrate Security into the DevOps Pipeline In AWS 2022?