In this blog post, we will share all details and How To Prepare For AWS Certified Advanced Networking – Specialty in 2022. The reader will learn what to expect during the exam and how to prepare. The post is geared toward IT professionals who are pursuing the certification and looking for advice on their preparation to pass the exam. The exam validates networking expertise and verifies the learner’s ability to implement AWS network services to meet performance, cost, and security requirements. After reading this blog post you will know all the best resources to help you prepare and practice exams to help you have a good experience before taking the exam.
- 1 Who should take this exam?
- 2 What does it take to earn this certification?
- 3 Exam overview
- 4 Is this AWS Certification right for you?
- 5 Introduction
- 6 Exam content
- 7 What next?
- 8 Share this:
- 9 Like this:
Who should take this exam?
AWS Certified Advanced Networking – Specialty is intended for individuals who perform complex networking tasks with five years of hands-on experience architecting and implementing network solutions. Before you take this exam, we recommend you have:
- Familiarity with the development of automation scripts and tools. This should include the design, implementation, and optimization of the following: Routing architectures (including static and dynamic); multi-region solutions for a global enterprise; highly available connectivity solutions (e.g., AWS Direct Connect, VPN).
- Professional experience using AWS technology, AWS security best practices, AWS storage options and their underlying consistency models, and AWS networking nuances and how they relate to the integration of AWS services.
- Knowledge of CIDR and sub-netting (IPv4 and IPv6); IPv6 transition challenges; and generic solutions for network security features, including AWS WAF, intrusion detection systems (IDS), intrusion prevention systems (IPS), DDoS protection, and economic denial of service/sustainability (EDoS).
- Knowledge of advanced networking architectures and interconnectivity options [e.g., IP VPN, multiprotocol label switching (MPLS), virtual private LAN service (VPLS)].
What does it take to earn this certification?
To earn this certification, you’ll need to take and pass the AWS Certified Advanced Networking – Specialty exam (ANS-C00). The exam features a combination of two question formats: multiple choice and multiple response. Additional information, such as the exam content outline and passing score, is in the exam guide.
Cost: 300 USD.
Length: 170 minutes to complete the exam.
Delivery method: Pearson VUE and PSI; testing center or online proctored exam.
Format: 65 questions, either multiple choice or multiple response.
Is this AWS Certification right for you?
You can see the AWS Certification Path and will know is this right for you. It’s cover all AWS Certification available.
The exam validates advanced technical skills and experience for design and implementation of AWS and hybrid IT network architectures at scale. The AWS Certified Advanced Networking – Specialty (ANS-C00) exam is intended for individuals who perform an AWS Networking Specialist’s role. The exam is for individuals who perform complex networking tasks. It validates an individual’s ability to do the following:
- Implement core AWS services according to basic architectural best practices.
- Use tools to automate AWS networking tasks.
- Design, develop, and deploy cloud-based solutions by using AWS.
- Design and maintain network architecture for all AWS services.
Target candidate description
The target candidate likely has a background in infrastructure engineering at scale (for example, complex SMB, enterprise, ISP, LAN/WAN environments). The target candidate has a level of expertise in advanced networking that significantly exceeds expectations of an AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Professional. The target candidate is likely an experienced solutions architect (5–7 years or more) who has a networking focus and who has design, implementation, and troubleshooting expertise.
Don’t worry. We’re sharing a lot of best resources and practice exam to help you have good practice before taking the exam. With our materials you can pass the exam easily at the first attempts with less of efforts.
Actual Exam Version:
Recommended AWS knowledge
The target candidate should have the following knowledge:
- AWS security best practices.
- AWS networking nuances and how they relate to the integration of AWS services.
- Professional experience using AWS technology.
- AWS storage options and their underlying consistency models.
Recommended general IT knowledge
The target candidate should have knowledge in the following areas:
- Development of automation scripts and tools. Design, implementation, and optimization of the following:
- – Highly available connectivity solutions (for example, AWS Direct Connect, VPN).
- – Multi-Region solutions for a global enterprise.
- Routing architectures (including static and dynamic).
- Advanced networking architectures and interconnectivity options (for example, IP VPN, multiprotocol label switching [MPLS], virtual private LAN service [VPLS]).
- Generic solutions for network security features, including AWS WAF, intrusion detection systems (IDS), intrusion prevention systems (IPS), DDoS protection, and economic denial of service/sustainability (EDoS).
- Networking technologies within the Open Systems Interconnection (OSI) model, and how they affect implementation decisions.
- IPv6 transition challenges.
- CIDR and subnetting (IPv4 and IPv6).
Select one or more responses that best complete the statement or answer the question. Distractors, or incorrect answers, are response options that a candidate with incomplete knowledge or skill might choose. Distractors are generally plausible responses that match the content area.
Unanswered questions are scored as incorrect; there is no penalty for guessing. The exam includes 50 questions that will affect your score.
There are two types of questions on the exam:
- Multiple response: Has two or more correct responses out of five or more response options.
- Multiple choice: Has one correct response and three incorrect responses (distractors).
The exam includes 15 unscored questions that do not affect your score. AWS collects information about candidate performance on these unscored questions to evaluate these questions for future use as scored questions. These unscored questions are not identified on the exam.
Your results for the exam are reported as a scaled score of 100–1,000. The minimum passing score is 750. Your score shows how you performed on the exam as a whole and whether or not you passed. Scaled scoring models help equate scores across multiple exam forms that might have slightly different difficulty levels.
Each section of the exam has a specific weighting, so some sections have more questions than others. The table contains general information that highlights your strengths and weaknesses. Use caution when interpreting section-level feedback.
Your score report may contain a table of classifications of your performance at each section level. This information is intended to provide general feedback about your exam performance. The exam uses a compensatory scoring model, which means that you do not need to achieve a passing score in each section. You need to pass only the overall exam.
The AWS Certified Advanced Networking – Specialty exam is a pass or fail exam. The exam is scored against a minimum standard established by AWS professionals who follow certification industry best practices and guidelines.
How often exams are updated?
AWS Certified Advanced Networking – Specialty ANS-C00 Exam regularly rotates questions in and out that adhere to the exam guide. Major revisions to an exam, including changes to an exam guide, will be made public. The exam guide for each exam lists the current topic areas covered by the exam.
How many questions do I need to answer correctly to achieve a passing score?
AWS Certification passing scores are set by using statistical analysis and are subject to change. AWS does not publish exam passing scores because exam questions and passing scores are updated to reflect changes in test forms as the content is updated.
When will you get your exam results?
Upon completing most exams, you will receive a preliminary pass or fail notification on the testing screen. However, you may not receive a pass or fail notification on the testing screen upon completing the AWS Certified SysOps Administration – Associate (SOA-C02) and AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Professional (SAP-C01) exams. Your detailed exam results will be available within five business days of completing your exam in your AWS Certification Account, under Previous Exams. Beta exam results are typically available 90 days (13 weeks) or less from the close of the beta exam. You will be notified via email once your exam results are available in your AWS Certification Account.
What is the retake policy?
If you fail an exam, you must wait 14 days before you are eligible to retake the exam. There is no limit on exam attempts. However, you must pay the full registration fee for each exam attempt. Once you have passed an exam, you will not be able to retake the same exam for two years. If the exam has been updated with a new exam guide and exam series code, you will be eligible to take the new exam version. Note that beta exam test takers can take the beta version only once, after which they will need to wait to retake the exam when the official certification exam becomes generally available.
This exam guide includes weightings, test domains, and objectives for the exam. It is not a comprehensive listing of the content on the exam. However, additional context for each of the objectives is available to help guide your preparation for the exam. The following table lists the main content domains and their weightings. The table precedes the complete exam content outline, which includes the additional context. The percentage in each domain represents only scored content.
In next post, We will share 10 study areas for the AWS Certified Advanced Networking – Specialty ANS-C00 exam. Hope this helps!
- Getting AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner Certification CLF-C01 in 2022
- AWS Certification Exam Scoring and content in 2022
- How can I prepare for AWS Certification Exam in 2022?
- Top 10 faqs about getting AWS Certified and AWS Certification in 2022
- Getting AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Professional Exam In 2022?
- How I Passed The AWS Certified Security – Specialty Exam In 2022?
- How To Integrate Security into the DevOps Pipeline In AWS 2022?