AWS Certified Database Specialty DBS-C01 Practice Exam Part 5
61. A gaming company has recently acquired a successful iOS game, which is particularly popular during the holiday season. The company has decided to add a leaderboard to the game that uses Amazon DynamoDB. The application load is expected to ramp up over the holiday season. Which solution will meet these requirements at the lowest cost?
A. DynamoDB Streams
B. DynamoDB with DynamoDB Accelerator
C. DynamoDB with on-demand capacity mode
D. DynamoDB with provisioned capacity mode with Auto Scaling
62. A company’s Security department established new requirements that state internal users must connect to an existing Amazon RDS for SQL Server DB instance using their corporate Active Directory (AD) credentials. A Database Specialist must make the modifications needed to fulfill this requirement. Which combination of actions should the Database Specialist take? (Choose three.)
A. Disable Transparent Data Encryption (TDE) on the RDS SQL Server DB instance.
B. Modify the RDS SQL Server DB instance to use the directory for Windows authentication. Create appropriate new logins.
C. Use the AWS Management Console to create an AWS Managed Microsoft AD. Create a trust relationship with the corporate AD.
D. Stop the RDS SQL Server DB instance, modify it to use the directory for Windows authentication, and start it again. Create appropriate new logins.
E. Use the AWS Management Console to create an AD Connector. Create a trust relationship with the corporate AD.
F. Configure the AWS Managed Microsoft AD domain controller Security Group.
63. A Database Specialist is performing a proof of concept with Amazon Aurora using a small instance to confirm a simple database behavior. When loading a large dataset and creating the index, the Database Specialist encounters the following error message from Aurora: ERROR: cloud not write block 7507718 of temporary file: No space left on device. What is the cause of this error and what should the Database Specialist do to resolve this issue?
A. The scaling of Aurora storage cannot catch up with the data loading. The Database Specialist needs to modify the workload to load the data slowly.
B. The scaling of Aurora storage cannot catch up with the data loading. The Database Specialist needs to enable Aurora storage scaling.
C. The local storage used to store temporary tables is full. The Database Specialist needs to scale up the instance.
D. The local storage used to store temporary tables is full. The Database Specialist needs to enable local storage scaling.
64. A financial company wants to store sensitive user data in an Amazon Aurora PostgreSQL DB cluster. The database will be accessed by multiple applications across the company. The company has mandated that all communications to the database be encrypted and the server identity must be validated. Any non-SSL- based connections should be disallowed access to the database. Which solution addresses these requirements?
A. Set the rds.force_ssl=0 parameter in DB parameter groups. Download and use the Amazon RDS certificate bundle and configure the PostgreSQL connection string with sslmode=allow.
B. Set the rds.force_ssl=1 parameter in DB parameter groups. Download and use the Amazon RDS certificate bundle and configure the PostgreSQL connection string with sslmode=disable.
C. Set the rds.force_ssl=0 parameter in DB parameter groups. Download and use the Amazon RDS certificate bundle and configure the PostgreSQL connection string with sslmode=verify-ca.
D. Set the rds.force_ssl=1 parameter in DB parameter groups. Download and use the Amazon RDS certificate bundle and configure the PostgreSQL connection string with sslmode=verify-full.
65. A company is using 5 TB Amazon RDS DB instances and needs to maintain 5 years of monthly database backups for compliance purposes. A Database Administrator must provide Auditors with data within 24 hours. Which solution will meet these requirements and is the MOST operationally efficient?
A. Create an AWS Lambda function to run on the first day of every month to take a manual RDS snapshot. Move the snapshot to the company’s Amazon S3 bucket.
B. Create an AWS Lambda function to run on the first day of every month to take a manual RDS snapshot.
C. Create an RDS snapshot schedule from the AWS Management Console to take a snapshot every 30 days.
D. Create an AWS Lambda function to run on the first day of every month to create an automated RDS snapshot.
66. A company wants to automate the creation of secure test databases with random credentials to be stored safely for later use. The credentials should have sufficient information about each test database to initiate a connection and perform automated credential rotations. The credentials should not be logged or stored anywhere in an unencrypted form. Which steps should a Database Specialist take to meet these requirements using an AWS CloudFormation template?
A. Create the database with the MasterUserName and MasterUserPassword properties set to the default values. Then, create the secret with the user name and password set to the same default values. Add a Secret Target Attachment resource with the SecretId and TargetId properties set to the Amazon Resource Names (ARNs) of the secret and the database. Finally, update the secret’s password value with a randomly generated string set by the GenerateSecretString property.
B. Add a Mapping property from the database Amazon Resource Name (ARN) to the secret ARN. Then, create the secret with a chosen user name and a randomly generated password set by the GenerateSecretString property. Add the database with the MasterUserName and MasterUserPassword properties set to the user name of the secret.
C. Add a resource of type AWS::SecretsManager::Secret and specify the GenerateSecretString property. Then, define the database user name in the SecureStringTemplate template. Create a resource for the database and reference the secret string for the MasterUserName and MasterUserPassword properties. Then, add a resource of type AWS::SecretsManagerSecretTargetAttachment with the SecretId and TargetId properties set to the Amazon Resource Names (ARNs) of the secret and the database.
D. Create the secret with a chosen user name and a randomly generated password set by the GenerateSecretString property. Add an SecretTargetAttachment resource with the SecretId property set to the Amazon Resource Name (ARN) of the secret and the TargetId property set to a parameter value matching the desired database ARN. Then, create a database with the MasterUserName and MasterUserPassword properties set to the previously created values in the secret.
67. A company is going to use an Amazon Aurora PostgreSQL DB cluster for an application backend. The DB cluster contains some tables with sensitive data. A Database Specialist needs to control the access privileges at the table level. How can the Database Specialist meet these requirements?
A. Use AWS IAM database authentication and restrict access to the tables using an IAM policy.
B. Configure the rules in a NACL to restrict outbound traffic from the Aurora DB cluster.
C. Execute GRANT and REVOKE commands that restrict access to the tables containing sensitive data.
D. Define access privileges to the tables containing sensitive data in the pg_hba.conf file.
68. A Database Specialist is working with a company to launch a new website built on Amazon Aurora with several Aurora Replicas. This new website will replace an on-premises website connected to a legacy relational database. Due to stability issues in the legacy database, the company would like to test the resiliency of Aurora.
Which action can the Database Specialist take to test the resiliency of the Aurora DB cluster?
A. Stop the DB cluster and analyze how the website responds
B. Use Aurora fault injection to crash the master DB instance
C. Remove the DB cluster endpoint to simulate a master DB instance failure
D. Use Aurora Backtrack to crash the DB cluster
69. A company just migrated to Amazon Aurora PostgreSQL from an on-premises Oracle database. After the migration, the company discovered there is a period of time every day around 3:00 PM where the response time of the application is noticeably slower. The company has narrowed down the cause of this issue to the database and not the application. Which set of steps should the Database Specialist take to most efficiently find the problematic PostgreSQL query?
A. Create an Amazon CloudWatch dashboard to show the number of connections, CPU usage, and disk space consumption. Watch these dashboards during the next slow period.
B. Launch an Amazon EC2 instance, and install and configure an open-source PostgreSQL monitoring tool that will run reports based on the output error logs.
C. Modify the logging database parameter to log all the queries related to locking in the database and then check the logs after the next slow period for this information.
D. Enable Amazon RDS Performance Insights on the PostgreSQL database. Use the metrics to identify any queries that are related to spikes in the graph during the next slow period.
70. A company has a web-based survey application that uses Amazon DynamoDB. During peak usage, when survey responses are being collected, a Database Specialist sees the ProvisionedThroughputExceededException error. What can the Database Specialist do to resolve this error? (Choose two.)
A. Change the table to use Amazon DynamoDB Streams
B. Purchase DynamoDB reserved capacity in the affected Region
C. Increase the write capacity units for the specific table
D. Change the table capacity mode to on-demand
E. Change the table type to throughput optimized
71. A company is running a two-tier e commerce application in one AWS account. The web server is deployed using an Amazon RDS for MySQL Multi-AZ DB instance. A Developer mistakenly deleted the database in the production environment. The database has been restored, but this resulted in hours of downtime and lost revenue.
Which combination of changes in existing IAM policies should a Database Specialist make to prevent an error like this from happening in the future? (Choose three.)
A. Grant least privilege to groups, users, and roles
B. Allow all users to restore a database from a backup that will reduce the overall downtime to restore the database
C. Enable multi-factor authentication for sensitive operations to access sensitive resources and API operations
D. Use policy conditions to restrict access to selective IP addresses
E. Use AccessList Controls policy type to restrict users for database instance deletion
F. Enable AWS CloudTrail logging and Enhanced Monitoring
72. A company is building a new web platform where user requests trigger an AWS Lambda function that performs an insert into an Amazon Aurora MySQL DB cluster. Initial tests with less than 10 users on the new platform yielded successful execution and fast response times. However, upon more extensive tests with the actual target of 3,000 concurrent users, Lambda functions are unable to connect to the DB cluster and receive too many connections errors. Which of the following will resolve this issue?
A. Edit the my.cnf file for the DB cluster to increase max_connections
B. Increase the instance size of the DB cluster
C. Change the DB cluster to Multi-AZ
D. Increase the number of Aurora Replicas
73. A company is developing a multi-tier web application hosted on AWS using Amazon Aurora as the database. The application needs to be deployed to production and other non-production environments. A Database Specialist needs to specify different MasterUsername and MasterUserPassword properties in the AWS CloudFormation templates used for automated deployment. The CloudFormation templates are version controlled in the company’s code repository. The company also needs to meet compliance requirement by routinely rotating its database master password for production. What is most secure solution to store the master password?
A. Store the master password in a parameter file in each environment. Reference the environment-specific parameter file in the CloudFormation template.
B. Encrypt the master password using an AWS KMS key. Store the encrypted master password in the CloudFormation template.
C. Use the secretsmanager dynamic reference to retrieve the master password stored in AWS Secrets Manager and enable automatic rotation.
D. Use the ssm dynamic reference to retrieve the master password stored in the AWS Systems Manager Parameter Store and enable automatic rotation.
74. A company is writing a new survey application to be used with a weekly televised game show. The application will be available for 2 hours each week. The company expects to receive over 500,000 entries every week, with each survey asking 2-3 multiple choice questions of each user. A Database Specialist needs to select a platform that is highly scalable for a large number of concurrent writes to handle he anticipated volume. Which AWS services should the Database Specialist consider? (Choose two.)
A. Amazon DynamoDB
B. Amazon Redshift
C. Amazon Neptune
D. Amazon Elasticsearch Service
E. Amazon ElastiCache
75. A company has migrated a single MySQL database to Amazon Aurora. The production data is hosted in a DB cluster in VPC_PROD, and 12 testing environments are hosted in VPC_TEST using the same AWS account. Testing results in minimal changes to the test data. The Development team wants each environment refreshed nightly so each test database contains fresh production data every day.
Which migration approach will be the fastest and most cost-effective to implement?
A. Run the master in Amazon Aurora MySQL. Create 12 clones in VPC_TEST, and script the clones to be deleted and re-created nightly.
B. Run the master in Amazon Aurora MySQL. Take a nightly snapshot, and restore it into 12 databases in VPC_TEST using Aurora Serverless.
C. Run the master in Amazon Aurora MySQL. Create 12 Aurora Replicas in VPC_TEST, and script the replicas to be deleted and re-created nightly.
D. Run the master in Amazon Aurora MySQL using Aurora Serverless. Create 12 clones in VPC_TEST, and script the clones to be deleted and re-created nightly.
76. A large ecommerce company uses Amazon DynamoDB to handle the transactions on its web portal. Traffic patterns throughout the year are usually stable; however, a large event is planned. The company knows that traffic will increase by up to 10 times the normal load over the 3-day event. When sale prices are published during the event, traffic will spike rapidly. How should a Database Specialist ensure DynamoDB can handle the increased traffic?
A. Ensure the table is always provisioned to meet peak needs
B. Allow burst capacity to handle the additional load
C. Set an AWS Application Auto Scaling policy for the table to handle the increase in traffic
D. Pre Provision additional capacity for the known peaks and then reduce the capacity after the event
77. A Database Specialist is migrating an on-premises Microsoft SQL Server application database to Amazon RDS for PostgreSQL using AWS DMS. The application requires minimal downtime when the RDS DB instance goes live. What change should the Database Specialist make to enable the migration?
A. Configure the on-premises application database to act as a source for an AWS DMS full load with ongoing change data capture (CDC)
B. Configure the AWS DMS replication instance to allow both full load and ongoing change data capture (CDC)
C. Configure the AWS DMS task to generate full logs to allow for ongoing change data capture (CDC)
D. Configure the AWS DMS connections to allow two-way communication to allow for ongoing change data capture (CDC)
78. A financial company has allocated an Amazon RDS MariaDB DB instance with large storage capacity to accommodate migration efforts. Post-migration, the company purged unwanted data from the instance. The company now want to downsize storage to save money. The solution must have the least impact on production and near-zero downtime.
Which solution would meet these requirements?
A. Create a snapshot of the old databases and restore the snapshot with the required storage
B. Create a new RDS DB instance with the required storage and move the databases from the old instances to the new instance using AWS DMS
C. Create a new database using native backup and restore
D. Create a new read replica and make it the primary by terminating the existing primary
79. A large financial services company requires that all data be encrypted in transit. A Developer is attempting to connect to an Amazon RDS DB instance using the company VPC for the first time with credentials provided by a Database Specialist. Other members of the Development team can connect, but this user is consistently receiving an error indicating a communications link failure. The Developer asked the Database Specialist to reset the password a number of times, but the error persists. Which step should be taken to troubleshoot this issue?
A. Ensure that the database option group for the RDS DB instance allows ingress from the Developer machine’s IP address
B. Ensure that the RDS DB instance subnet group includes a public subnet to allow the Developer to connect
C. Ensure that the RDS DB instance has not reached its maximum connections limit
D. Ensure that the connection is using SSL and is addressing the port where the RDS DB instance is listening for encrypted connections
80. A company is running Amazon RDS for MySQL for its workloads. There is downtime when AWS operating system patches are applied during the Amazon RDS- specified maintenance window. What is the MOST cost-effective action that should be taken to avoid downtime?
A. Migrate the workloads from Amazon RDS for MySQL to Amazon DynamoDB
B. Enable cross-Region read replicas and direct read traffic to then when Amazon RDS is down
C. Enable a read replicas and direct read traffic to it when Amazon RDS is down
D. Enable an Amazon RDS for MySQL Multi-AZ configuration