AWS Certified Database Specialty DBS-C01 Practice Exam Part 4
Notes: Hi all, AWS Certified Database Specialty (DBS-C01) Practice Exam Part 4 will familiarize you with types of questions you may encounter on the certification exam and help you determine your readiness or if you need more preparation and/or experience. Successful completion of the practice exam does not guarantee you will pass the certification exam as the actual exam is longer and covers a wider range of topics. We highly recommend you should take AWS Certified Database Specialty DBS-C01 Actual Exam Version because it include real questions and highlighted answers are collected in our exam. It will help you pass exam in easier way.
40. A Database Specialist has migrated an on-premises Oracle database to Amazon Aurora PostgreSQL. The schema and the data have been migrated successfully. The on-premises database server was also being used to run database maintenance cron jobs written in Python to perform tasks including data purging and generating data exports. The logs for these jobs show that, most of the time, the jobs completed within 5 minutes, but a few jobs took up to 10 minutes to complete. These maintenance jobs need to be set up for Aurora PostgreSQL. How can the Database Specialist schedule these jobs so the setup requires minimal maintenance and provides high availability?
A. Create cron jobs on an Amazon EC2 instance to run the maintenance jobs following the required schedule.
B. Connect to the Aurora host and create cron jobs to run the maintenance jobs following the required schedule.
C. Create AWS Lambda functions to run the maintenance jobs and schedule them with Amazon CloudWatch Events.
D. Create the maintenance job using the Amazon CloudWatch job scheduling plugin.
41. A company has an Amazon RDS Multi- Z DB instances that is 200 GB in size with an RPO of 6 hours. To meet the company’s disaster recovery policies, the database backup needs to be copied into another Region. The company requires the solution to be cost-effective and operationally efficient. What should a Database Specialist do to copy the database backup into a different Region?
A. Use Amazon RDS automated snapshots and use AWS Lambda to copy the snapshot into another Region
B. Use Amazon RDS automated snapshots every 6 hours and use Amazon S3 cross-Region replication to copy the snapshot into another Region
C. Create an AWS Lambda function to take an Amazon RDS snapshot every 6 hours and use a second Lambda function to copy the snapshot into another Region
D. Create a cross-Region read replica for Amazon RDS in another Region and take an automated snapshot of the read replica
42. An Amazon RDS EBS-optimized instance with Provisioned IOPS (PIOPS) storage is using less than half of its allocated IOPS over the course of several hours under constant load. The RDS instance exhibits multi-second read and write latency, and uses all of its maximum bandwidth for read throughput, yet the instance uses less than half of its CPU and RAM resources. What should a Database Specialist do in this situation to increase performance and return latency to sub-second levels?
A. Increase the size of the DB instance storage
B. Change the underlying EBS storage type to General Purpose SSD (gp2)
C. Disable EBS optimization on the DB instance
D. Change the DB instance to an instance class with a higher maximum bandwidth
43. After restoring an Amazon RDS snapshot from 3 days ago, a company’s Development team cannot connect to the restored RDS DB instance. What is the likely cause of this problem?
A. The restored DB instance does not have Enhanced Monitoring enabled
B. The production DB instance is using a custom parameter group
C. The restored DB instance is using the default security group
D. The production DB instance is using a custom option group
44. A gaming company has implemented a leaderboard in AWS using a Sorted Set data structure within Amazon ElastiCache for Redis. The ElastiCache cluster has been deployed with cluster mode disabled and has a replication group deployed with two additional replicas. The company is planning for a worldwide gaming event and is anticipating a higher write load than what the current cluster can handle. Which method should a Database Specialist use to scale the ElastiCache cluster ahead of the upcoming event?
A. Enable cluster mode on the existing ElastiCache cluster and configure separate shards for the Sorted Set across all nodes in the cluster.
B. Increase the size of the ElastiCache cluster nodes to a larger instance size.
C. Create an additional ElastiCache cluster and load-balance traffic between the two clusters.
D. Use the EXPIRE command and set a higher time to live (TTL) after each call to increment a given key.
45. An ecommerce company has tasked a Database Specialist with creating a reporting dashboard that visualizes critical business metrics that will be pulled from the core production database running on Amazon Aurora. Data that is read by the dashboard should be available within 100 milliseconds of an update. The Database Specialist needs to review the current configuration of the Aurora DB cluster and develop a cost-effective solution. The solution needs to accommodate the unpredictable read workload from the reporting dashboard without any impact on the write availability and performance of the DB cluster.
Which solution meets these requirements?
A. Turn on the serverless option in the DB cluster so it can automatically scale based on demand.
B. Provision a clone of the existing DB cluster for the new Application team.
C. Create a separate DB cluster for the new workload, refresh from the source DB cluster, and set up ongoing replication using AWS DMS change data capture (CDC).
D. Add an automatic scaling policy to the DB cluster to add Aurora Replicas to the cluster based on CPU consumption.
46. A retail company is about to migrate its online and mobile store to AWS. The company’s CEO has strategic plans to grow the brand globally. A Database Specialist has been challenged to provide predictable read and write database performance with minimal operational overhead. What should the Database Specialist do to meet these requirements?
A. Use Amazon DynamoDB global tables to synchronize transactions
B. Use Amazon EMR to copy the orders table data across Regions
C. Use Amazon Aurora Global Database to synchronize all transactions
D. Use Amazon DynamoDB Streams to replicate all DynamoDB transactions and sync them
47. A company is closing one of its remote data centers. This site runs a 100 TB on-premises data warehouse solution. The company plans to use the AWS Schema
Conversion Tool (AWS SCT) and AWS DMS for the migration to AWS. The site network bandwidth is 500 Mbps. A Database Specialist wants to migrate the on- premises data using Amazon S3 as the data lake and Amazon Redshift as the data warehouse. This move must take place during a 2-week period when source systems are shut down for maintenance. The data should stay encrypted at rest and in transit. Which approach has the least risk and the highest likelihood of a successful data transfer?
A. Set up a VPN tunnel for encrypting data over the network from the data center to AWS. Leverage AWS SCT and apply the converted schema to Amazon Redshift. Once complete, start an AWS DMS task to move the data from the source to Amazon S3. Use AWS Glue to load the data from Amazon S3 to Amazon Redshift.
B. Leverage AWS SCT and apply the converted schema to Amazon Redshift. Start an AWS DMS task with two AWS Snowball Edge devices to copy data from on-premises to Amazon S3 with AWS KMS encryption. Use AWS DMS to finish copying data to Amazon Redshift.
C. Leverage AWS SCT and apply the converted schema to Amazon Redshift. Once complete, use a fleet of 10 TB dedicated encrypted drives using the AWS Import/Export feature to copy data from on-premises to Amazon S3 with AWS KMS encryption. Use AWS Glue to load the data to Amazon redshift.
D. Set up a VPN tunnel for encrypting data over the network from the data center to AWS. Leverage a native database export feature to export the data and compress the files. Use the aws S3 cp multi-port upload command to upload these files to Amazon S3 with AWS KMS encryption. Once complete, load the data to Amazon Redshift using AWS Glue.
48. A company is looking to migrate a 1 TB Oracle database from on-premises to an Amazon Aurora PostgreSQL DB cluster. The company’s Database Specialist discovered that the Oracle database is storing 100 GB of large binary objects (LOBs) across multiple tables. The Oracle database has a maximum LOB size of 500 MB with an average LOB size of 350 MB. The Database Specialist has chosen AWS DMS to migrate the data with the largest replication instances. How should the Database Specialist optimize the database migration using AWS DMS?
A. Create a single task using full LOB mode with a LOB chunk size of 500 MB to migrate the data and LOBs together
B. Create two tasks: task1 with LOB tables using full LOB mode with a LOB chunk size of 500 MB and task2 without LOBs
C. Create two tasks: task1 with LOB tables using limited LOB mode with a maximum LOB size of 500 MB and task 2 without LOBs
D. Create a single task using limited LOB mode with a maximum LOB size of 500 MB to migrate data and LOBs together
49. A Database Specialist is designing a disaster recovery strategy for a production Amazon DynamoDB table. The table uses provisioned read/write capacity mode, global secondary indexes, and time to live (TTL). The Database Specialist has restored the latest backup to a new table. To prepare the new table with identical settings, which steps should be performed? (Choose two.)
A. Re-create global secondary indexes in the new table
B. Define IAM policies for access to the new table
C. Define the TTL settings
D. Encrypt the table from the AWS Management Console or use the update-table command
E. Set the provisioned read and write capacity
50. A Database Specialist is creating Amazon DynamoDB tables, Amazon CloudWatch alarms, and associated infrastructure for an Application team using a development AWS account. The team wants a deployment method that will standardize the core solution components while managing environment-specific settings separately, and wants to minimize rework due to configuration errors. Which process should the Database Specialist recommend to meet these requirements?
A. Organize common and environmental-specific parameters hierarchically in the AWS Systems Manager Parameter Store, then reference the parameters dynamically from an AWS CloudFormation template. Deploy the CloudFormation stack using the environment name as a parameter.
B. Create a parameterized AWS CloudFormation template that builds the required objects. Keep separate environment parameter files in separate Amazon S3 buckets. Provide an AWS CLI command that deploys the CloudFormation stack directly referencing the appropriate parameter bucket.
C. Create a parameterized AWS CloudFormation template that builds the required objects. Import the template into the CloudFormation interface in the AWS Management Console. Make the required changes to the parameters and deploy the CloudFormation stack.
D. Create an AWS Lambda function that builds the required objects using an AWS SDK. Set the required parameter values in a test event in the Lambda console for each environment that the Application team can modify, as needed. Deploy the infrastructure by triggering the test event in the console.
51. A company runs online transaction processing (OLTP) workloads on an Amazon RDS for PostgreSQL Multi-AZ DB instance. Tests were run on the database after work hours, which generated additional database logs. The free storage of the RDS DB instance is low due to these additional logs. What should the company do to address this space constraint issue?
A. Log in to the host and run the rm $PGDATA/pg_logs/* command
B. Modify the rds.log_retention_period parameter to 1440 and wait up to 24 hours for database logs to be deleted
C. Create a ticket with AWS Support to have the logs deleted
D. Run the SELECT rds_rotate_error_log() stored procedure to rotate the logs
52. A user has a non-relational key-value database. The user is looking for a fully managed AWS service that will offload the administrative burdens of operating and scaling distributed databases. The solution must be cost-effective and able to handle unpredictable application traffic. What should a Database Specialist recommend for this user?
A. Create an Amazon DynamoDB table with provisioned capacity mode
B. Create an Amazon DocumentDB cluster
C. Create an Amazon DynamoDB table with on-demand capacity mode
D. Create an Amazon Aurora Serverless DB cluster
53. A gaming company is designing a mobile gaming app that will be accessed by many users across the globe. The company wants to have replication and full support for multi-master writes. The company also wants to ensure low latency and consistent performance for app users. Which solution meets these requirements?
A. Use Amazon DynamoDB global tables for storage and enable DynamoDB automatic scaling
B. Use Amazon Aurora for storage and enable cross-Region Aurora Replicas
C. Use Amazon Aurora for storage and cache the user content with Amazon ElastiCache
D. Use Amazon Neptune for storage
54. A Database Specialist needs to speed up any failover that might occur on an Amazon Aurora PostgreSQL DB cluster. The Aurora DB cluster currently includes the primary instance and three Aurora Replicas. How can the Database Specialist ensure that failovers occur with the least amount of downtime for the application?
A. Set the TCP keepalive parameters low
B. Call the AWS CLI failover-db-cluster command
C. Enable Enhanced Monitoring on the DB cluster
D. Start a database activity stream on the DB cluster
55. A Database Specialist needs to define a database migration strategy to migrate an on-premises Oracle database to an Amazon Aurora MySQL DB cluster. The company requires near-zero downtime for the data migration. The solution must also be cost-effective.
Which approach should the Database Specialist take?
A. Dump all the tables from the Oracle database into an Amazon S3 bucket using datapump (expdp). Run data transformations in AWS Glue. Load the data from the S3 bucket to the Aurora DB cluster.
B. Order an AWS Snowball appliance and copy the Oracle backup to the Snowball appliance. Once the Snowball data is delivered to Amazon S3, create a new Aurora DB cluster. Enable the S3 integration to migrate the data directly from Amazon S3 to Amazon RDS.
C. Use the AWS Schema Conversion Tool (AWS SCT) to help rewrite database objects to MySQL during the schema migration. Use AWS DMS to perform the full load and change data capture (CDC) tasks.
D. Use AWS Server Migration Service (AWS SMS) to import the Oracle virtual machine image as an Amazon EC2 instance. Use the Oracle Logical Dump utility to migrate the Oracle data from Amazon EC2 to an Aurora DB cluster.
56. A marketing company is using Amazon DocumentDB and requires that database audit logs be enabled. A Database Specialist needs to configure monitoring so that all data definition language (DDL) statements performed are visible to the Administrator. The Database Specialist has set the audit_logs parameter to enabled in the cluster parameter group. What should the Database Specialist do to automatically collect the database logs for the Administrator?
A. Enable DocumentDB to export the logs to Amazon CloudWatch Logs
B. Enable DocumentDB to export the logs to AWS CloudTrail
C. Enable DocumentDB Events to export the logs to Amazon CloudWatch Logs
D. Configure an AWS Lambda function to download the logs using the download-db-log-file-portion operation and store the logs in Amazon S3
57. A company is looking to move an on-premises IBM Db2 database running AIX on an IBM POWER7 server. Due to escalating support and maintenance costs, the company is exploring the option of moving the workload to an Amazon Aurora PostgreSQL DB cluster.
What is the quickest way for the company to gather data on the migration compatibility?
A. Perform a logical dump from the Db2 database and restore it to an Aurora DB cluster. Identify the gaps and compatibility of the objects migrated by comparing row counts from source and target tables.
B. Run AWS DMS from the Db2 database to an Aurora DB cluster. Identify the gaps and compatibility of the objects migrated by comparing the row counts from source and target tables.
C. Run native PostgreSQL logical replication from the Db2 database to an Aurora DB cluster to evaluate the migration compatibility.
D. Run the AWS Schema Conversion Tool (AWS SCT) from the Db2 database to an Aurora DB cluster. Create a migration assessment report to evaluate the migration compatibility.
58. An ecommerce company is using Amazon DynamoDB as the backend for its order-processing application. The steady increase in the number of orders is resulting in increased DynamoDB costs. Order verification and reporting perform many repeated GetItem functions that pull similar datasets, and this read activity is contributing to the increased costs. The company wants to control these costs without significant development efforts. How should a Database Specialist address these requirements?
A. Use AWS DMS to migrate data from DynamoDB to Amazon DocumentDB
B. Use Amazon DynamoDB Streams and Amazon Kinesis Data Firehose to push the data into Amazon Redshift
C. Use an Amazon ElastiCache for Redis in front of DynamoDB to boost read performance
D. Use DynamoDB Accelerator to offload the reads
59. An IT consulting company wants to reduce costs when operating its development environment databases. The company’s workflow creates multiple Amazon Aurora MySQL DB clusters for each development group. The Aurora DB clusters are only used for 8 hours a day. The DB clusters can then be deleted at the end of the development cycle, which lasts 2 weeks. Which of the following provides the MOST cost-effective solution?
A. Use AWS CloudFormation templates. Deploy a stack with the DB cluster for each development group. Delete the stack at the end of the development cycle.
B. Use the Aurora DB cloning feature. Deploy a single development and test Aurora DB instance, and create clone instances for the development groups. Delete the clones at the end of the development cycle.
C. Use Aurora Replicas. From the master automatic pause compute capacity option, create replicas for each development group, and promote each replica to master. Delete the replicas at the end of the development cycle.
D. Use Aurora Serverless. Restore current Aurora snapshot and deploy to a serverless cluster for each development group. Enable the option to pause the compute capacity on the cluster and set an appropriate timeout.
60. A company has multiple applications serving data from a secure on-premises database. The company is migrating all applications and databases to the AWS Cloud. The IT Risk and Compliance department requires that auditing be enabled on all secure databases to capture all log ins, log outs, failed logins, permission changes, and database schema changes. A Database Specialist has recommended Amazon Aurora MySQL as the migration target, and leveraging the Advanced Auditing feature in Aurora. Which events need to be specified in the Advanced Auditing configuration to satisfy the minimum auditing requirements? (Choose three.)