Notes: Hi all, Splunk Enterprise Certified Admin SPLK-1003 Practice Exam Part 1 will familiarize you with types of questions you may encounter on the certification exam and help you determine your readiness or if you need more preparation and/or experience. Successful completion of the practice exam does not guarantee you will pass the certification exam as the actual exam is longer and covers a wider range of topics. We highly recommend you should take Splunk Enterprise Certified Admin SPLK-1003 Actual Exam Version because it include real questions and highlighted answers are collected in our exam. It will help you pass exam in easier way.
1. Which setting in indexes.conf allows data retention to be controlled by time?
2. The universal forwarder has which capabilities when sending data? (Choose all that apply.)
A. Sending alerts
B. Compressing data
C. Obfuscating/hiding data
D. Indexer acknowledgement
3. In case of a conflict between a whitelist and a blacklist input setting, which one is used?
C. They cancel each other out.
D. Whichever is entered into the configuration first.
4. In which Splunk configuration is the SEDCMD used?
5. Which of the following are supported configuration methods to add inputs on a forwarder? (Choose all that apply.)
B. Edit inputs.conf
C. Edit forwarder.conf
D. Forwarder Management
6. Which parent directory contains the configuration files in Splunk?
7. Which forwarder type can parse data prior to forwarding?
A. Universal forwarder
B. Heaviest forwarder
C. Hyper forwarder
D. Heavy forwarder
8. Which Splunk component consolidates the individual results and prepares reports in a distributed environment?
C. Search head
D. Search peers
9. Which Splunk component distributes apps and certain other configuration updates to search head cluster members?
B. Cluster master
C. Deployment server
D. Search head cluster master
10. Where should apps be located on the deployment server that the clients pull from?
11. This file has been manually created on a universal forwarder:
A new Splunk admin comes in and connects the universal forwarders to a deployment server and deploys the same app with a new inputs.conf file:
Which file is now monitored?
C. /var/log/maillog and /var/log/messages
D. none of the above
12. In which phase of the index time process does the license metering occur?
A. Input phase
B. Parsing phase
C. Indexing phase
D. Licensing phase
13. You update a props.conf file while Splunk is running. You do not restart Splunk and you run this command: splunk btool props list –-debug. What will the output be?
A. A list of all the configurations on-disk that Splunk contains.
B. A verbose list of all configurations as they were when splunkd started.
C. A list of props.conf configurations as they are on-disk along with a file path from which the configuration is located.
D. A list of the current running props.conf configurations along with a file path from which the configuration was made.
14. When running the command shown below, what is the default path in which deploymentserver.conf is created?
splunk set deploy-poll deployServer:port
15. The priority of layered Splunk configuration files depends on the file’s:
D. Creation time