Notes: Hi all, Splunk Core Certified User SPLK-1001 Practice Exam Part 1 will familiarize you with types of questions you may encounter on the certification exam and help you determine your readiness or if you need more preparation and/or experience. Successful completion of the practice exam does not guarantee you will pass the certification exam as the actual exam is longer and covers a wider range of topics. We highly recommend you should take Splunk Core Certified User SPLK-1001 Actual Exam because it include real questions and highlighted answers are collected in our exam. It will help you pass exam in easier way.
1. Which search string only returns events from hostWWW3?
A. B. host=WWW3
B. C. host=WWW*
2. By default, how long does Splunk retain a search job?
A. 10 Minutes
B. 15 Minutes
C. 1 Day
D. 7 Days
3. What must be done before an automatic lookup can be created? (Choose all that apply.)
A. The lookup command must be used.
B. The lookup definition must be created.
C. The lookup file must be uploaded to Splunk.
D. The lookup file must be verified using the inputlookup command.
4. Which of the following Splunk components typically resides on the machines where data originates?
C. Search head
D. Deployment server
5. What determines the scope of data that appears in a scheduled report?
A. All data accessible to the User role will appear in the report.
B. All data accessible to the owner of the report will appear in the report.
C. All data accessible to all users will appear in the report until the next time the report is run.
D. The owner of the report can configure permissions so that the report uses either the User role or the owner’s profile at run time.
6. When writing searches in Splunk, which of the following is true about Booleans?
A. They must be lowercase.
B. They must be uppercase.
C. They must be in quotations.
D. They must be in parentheses.
7. Which of the following searches would return events with failure in index netfw or warn or critical in index netops?
A. (index=netfw failure) AND index=netops warn OR critical
B. (index=netfw failure) OR (index=netops (warn OR critical))
C. (index=netfw failure) AND (index=netops (warn OR critical))
D. (index=netfw failure) OR index=netops OR (warn OR critical)
8. Select the answer that displays the accurate placing of the pipe in the following search string: index=security sourcetype=access_* status=200 stats count by price
A. index=security sourcetype=access_* status=200 stats | count by price
B. index=security sourcetype=access_* status=200 | stats count by price
C. index=security sourcetype=access_* status=200 | stats count | by price
D. index=security sourcetype=access_* | status=200 | stats count by price
9. Which of the following constraints can be used with the top command?
10. When editing a dashboard, which of the following are possible options? (Choose all that apply.)
A. Add an output.
B. Export a dashboard panel.
C. Modify the chart type displayed in a dashboard panel.
D. Drag a dashboard panel to a different location on the dashboard.
11. When running searches, command modifiers in the search string are displayed in what color?
12. Which of the following represents the Splunk recommended naming convention for dashboards?
13. How can search results be kept longer than 7 days?
A. By scheduling a report.
B. By creating a link to the job.
C. By changing the job settings.
D. By changing the time range picker to more than 7 days.
14. Which of the following is a Splunk search best practice?
A. Filter as early as possible.
B. Never specify more than one index.
C. Include as few search terms as possible.
D. Use wildcards to return more search results.
15. When looking at a dashboard panel that is based on a report, which of the following is true?
A. You can modify the search string in the panel, and you can change and configure the visualization.
B. You can modify the search string in the panel, but you cannot change and configure the visualization.
C. You cannot modify the search string in the panel, but you can change and configure the visualization.
D. You cannot modify the search string in the panel, and you cannot change and configure the visualization.