If you are planning to take the AWS Certified Security – Specialty SCS-C01 Exam In 2022 sure this post will help you have a good overview before taking the exam. We will share all the details and how you can prepare for the exam. We also share all the best resources to help you practice and can help you pass the exam in the easiest way possible.
- 1 Who should take this exam?
- 2 What does it take to earn this certification?
- 3 Is this AWS Certification right for you?
- 4 Exam overview
- 5 Languages offered
- 6 Introduction
- 7 Exam content
- 8 Share this:
- 9 Like this:
Who should take this exam?
AWS Certified Security – Specialty is intended for individuals who perform a security role and have at least two years of hands-on experience securing AWS workloads. Before you take this exam, we recommend you have:
- Understanding of specialized data classifications and AWS data protection mechanisms, data-encryption methods and AWS mechanisms to implement them, and secure internet protocols and AWS mechanisms to implement them.
- Five years of IT security experience in designing and implementing security solutions and at least two years of hands-on experience in securing AWS workloads.
- Ability to make tradeoff decisions with regard to cost, security, and deployment complexity to meet a set of application requirements.
Cloud security threat models; patch management and security automation; Knowledge of the AWS shared responsibility model and its application; security controls for workloads on AWS; logging and monitoring strategies; and disaster recovery controls, including BCP and backups, encryption, access control, and data retention.
What does it take to earn this certification?
To earn this certification, you’ll need to take and pass the AWS Certified Security – Specialty exam (SCS-C01). The exam features a combination of two question formats: multiple choice and multiple response. Additional information, such as the exam content outline and passing score, is in the exam guide.
Is this AWS Certification right for you?
You can see the AWS Certification Path and will know is this right for you. It’s cover all AWS Certification available.
Cost: 300 USD
Format: 65 questions; either multiple choice or multiple response
Length: 170 minutes to complete the exam
Delivery method: Pearson VUE and PSI; testing center or online proctored exam
This exam is offered in the following languages: English, French (France), German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese (Brazil), Simplified Chinese, and Spanish (Latin America).
The exam validates a candidate’s ability to effectively demonstrate knowledge about securing the AWS platform. The AWS Certified Security – Specialty (SCS-C01) exam is intended for individuals who perform a security role. The exam also validates whether a candidate has the following:
- Competency from 2 or more years of production deployment experience in using AWS security services and features.
- An understanding of data-encryption methods and AWS mechanisms to implement them.
- An understanding of security operations and risks.
- A working knowledge of AWS security services and features of services to provide a secure production environment.
- The ability to make tradeoff decisions with regard to cost, security, and deployment complexity to meet a set of application requirements.
- An understanding of specialized data classifications and AWS data protection mechanisms.
- An understanding of secure internet protocols and AWS mechanisms to implement them.
Target candidate description
The target candidate should have 5 years of IT security experience in designing and implementing security solutions. Additionally, the target candidate should have 2 or more years of hands-on experience in securing AWS workloads.
Don’t worry. We’re sharing a lot of good practice exams and an actual exam version includes real questions to help you clear the exam in the easiest way and with videos to help you practice anytime and anywhere.
Actual Exam Version:
Practice Exam Version:
Recommended AWS knowledge
The target candidate should have the following knowledge:
- Security controls for workloads on AWS.
- Patch management and security automation.
- The AWS shared responsibility model and its application.
- Data retention.
- Ways to enhance AWS security services with third-party tools and services.
- Logging and monitoring strategies.
- Disaster recovery controls, including BCP and backups.
- Cloud security threat models.
- Access control.
What is considered out of scope for the target candidate?
The following is a non-exhaustive list of related job tasks that the target candidate is not expected to be able to perform. These items are considered out of scope for the exam:
- Demonstrate scripting in a specific language (for example, Perl or Java).
- Implement (SysOps)
- Create or write configurations.
There are two types of questions on the exam:
- Multiple choice: Has one correct response and three incorrect responses (distractors).
- Multiple response: Has two or more correct responses out of five or more response options.
Select one or more responses that best complete the statement or answer the question. Distractors, or incorrect answers, are response options that a candidate with incomplete knowledge or skill might choose. Distractors are generally plausible responses that match the content area. Unanswered questions are scored as incorrect; there is no penalty for guessing. The exam includes 50 questions that will affect your score.
How often exams are updated?
AWS Certification regularly rotates questions in and out that adhere to the exam guide. Major revisions to an exam, including changes to an exam guide, will be made public. The exam guide for each exam lists the current topic areas covered by the exam.
When will you get your exam results?
Upon completing most exams, you will receive a preliminary pass or fail notification on the testing screen. However, you may not receive a pass or fail notification on the testing screen upon completing the AWS Certified SysOps Administration – Associate (SOA-C02) and AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Professional (SAP-C01) exams. Your detailed exam results will be available within five business days of completing your exam in your AWS Certification Account, under Previous Exams.
Beta exam results are typically available 90 days (13 weeks) or less from the close of the beta exam. You will be notified via email once your exam results are available in your AWS Certification Account.
How many questions do I need to answer correctly to achieve a passing score?
AWS Certification passing scores are set by using statistical analysis and are subject to change. AWS does not publish exam passing scores because exam questions and passing scores are updated to reflect changes in test forms as the content is updated.
What is the retake policy?
If you fail an exam, you must wait 14 days before you are eligible to retake the exam. There is no limit on exam attempts. However, you must pay the full registration fee for each exam attempt. Once you have passed an exam, you will not be able to retake the same exam for two years. If the exam has been updated with a new exam guide and exam series code, you will be eligible to take the new exam version.
Note that beta exam test takers can take the beta version only once, after which they will need to wait to retake the exam when the official certification exam becomes generally available.
AWS collects information about candidate performance on these unscored questions to evaluate these questions for future use as scored questions. These unscored questions are not identified on the exam. The exam includes 15 unscored questions that do not affect your score.
Your score report could contain a table of classifications of your performance at each section level. This information is intended to provide general feedback about your exam performance. The exam uses a compensatory scoring model, which means that you do not need to achieve a passing score in each section. You need to pass only the overall exam.
The AWS Certified Security – Specialty (SCS-C01) exam is a pass or fail exam. The exam is scored against a minimum standard established by AWS professionals who follow certification industry best practices and guidelines.
Each section of the exam has a specific weighting, so some sections have more questions than other sections have. The table contains general information that highlights your strengths and weaknesses. Use caution when interpreting section-level feedback.
Your results for the exam are reported as a scaled score of 100–1,000. The minimum passing score is 750. Your score shows how you performed on the exam as a whole and whether or not you passed. Scaled scoring models help equate scores across multiple exam forms that might have slightly different difficulty levels.
This exam guide includes weightings, test domains, and objectives for the exam. It is not a comprehensive listing of the content on the exam. However, additional context for each of the objectives is available to help guide your preparation for the exam. The following table lists the main content domains and their weightings. The table precedes the complete exam content outline, which includes the additional context. The percentage in each domain represents only scored content.
- Getting AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner Certification CLF-C01 in 2022
- AWS Certification Exam Scoring and content in 2022
- How can I prepare for AWS Certification Exam in 2022?
- Top 10 faqs about getting AWS Certified and AWS Certification in 2022
- Getting AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Professional Exam In 2022?