Splunk Core Certified Consultant SPLK-3003 Practice Exam Part 1
Notes: Hi all, Splunk Core Certified Consultant SPLK-3003 Practice Exam Part 1 will familiarize you with types of questions you may encounter on the certification exam and help you determine your readiness or if you need more preparation and/or experience. Successful completion of the practice exam does not guarantee you will pass the certification exam as the actual exam is longer and covers a wider range of topics. We highly recommend you should take Splunk Core Certified Consultant SPLK-3003 Actual Exam Version because it include real questions and highlighted answers are collected in our exam. It will help you pass exam in easier way.
1. How does Monitoring Console (MC) initially identify the server role(s) of a new Splunk Instance?
A. The MC uses a REST endpoint to query the server.
B. Roles are manually assigned within the MC.
C. Roles are read from distsearch.conf.
D. The MC assigns all possible roles by default.
2. A customer has asked for a five-node search head cluster (SHC), but does not have the storage budget to use a replication factor greater than 2. They would like to understand what might happen in terms of the users’ ability to view historic scheduled search results if they log onto a search head which doesn’t contain one of the 2 copies of a given search artifact. Which of the following statements best describes what would happen in this scenario?
A. The search head that the user has logged onto will proxy the required artifact over to itself from a search head that currently holds a copy. A copy will also be replicated from that search head permanently, so it is available for future use.
B. Because the dispatch folder containing the search results is not present on the search head, the user will not be able to view the search results.
C. The user will not be able to see the results of the search until one of the search heads is restarted, forcing synchronization of all dispatched artifacts across all search heads.
D. The user will not be able to see the results of the search until the Splunk administrator issues the apply shcluster-bundle command on the search head deployer, forcing synchronization of all dispatched artifacts across all search heads.
3. Monitoring Console (MC) health check configuration items are stored in which configuration file?
4. What should be considered when running the following CLI commands with a goal of accelerating an index cluster migration to new hardware?
A. Data ingestion rate
B. Network latency and storage IOPS
C. Distance and location
D. SSL data encryption
5. Which statement is true about subsearches?
A. Subsearches are faster than other types of searches.
B. Subsearches work best for joining two large result sets.
C. Subsearches run at the same time as their outer search.
D. Subsearches work best for small result sets.
6. A customer has been using Splunk for one year, utilizing a single/all-in-one instance. This single Splunk server is now struggling to cope with the daily ingest rate. Also, Splunk has become a vital system in day-to-day operations making high availability a consideration for the Splunk service. The customer is unsure how to design the new environment topology in order to provide this. Which resource would help the customer gather the requirements for their new architecture?
A. Direct the customer to the docs.splunk.com and tell them that all the information to help them select the right design is documented there.
B. Ask the customer to engage with the sales team immediately as they probably need a larger license.
C. Refer the customer to answers.splunk.com as someone else has probably already designed a system that meets their requirements.
D. Refer the customer to the Splunk Validated Architectures document in order to guide them through which approved architectures could meet their requirements.
7. The customer has an indexer cluster supporting a wide variety of search needs, including scheduled search, data model acceleration, and summary indexing. Here is an excerpt from the cluster mater’s server.conf:
Which strategy represents the minimum and least disruptive change necessary to protect the searchability of the indexer cluster in case of indexer failure?
A. Enable maintenance mode on the CM to prevent excessive fix-up and bring the failed indexer back online.
B. Leave replication_factor=2, increase search_factor=2 and enable summary_replication.
C. Convert the cluster to multi-site and modify the server.conf to be site_replication_factor=2, site_search_factor=2.
D. Increase replication_factor=3, search_factor=2 to protect the data, and allow there to always be a searchable copy.
8. What is the primary driver behind implementing indexer clustering in a customer’s environment?
A. To improve resiliency as the search load increases.
B. To reduce indexing latency.
C. To scale out a Splunk environment to offer higher performance capability.
D. To provide higher availability for buckets of data.
9. In a single indexer cluster, where should the Monitoring Console (MC) be installed?
A. Deployer sharing with master cluster.
B. License master that has 50 clients or more.
C. Cluster master node
D. Production Search Head
10. A customer has downloaded the Splunk App for AWS from Splunkbase and installed it in a search head cluster following the instructions using the deployer. A power user modifies a dashboard in the app on one of the search head cluster members. The app containing an updated dashboard is upgraded to the latest version by following the instructions via the deployer. What happens?
A. The updated dashboard will not be deployed globally to all users, due to the conflict with the power user’s modified version of the dashboard.
B. Applying the search head cluster bundle will fail due to the conflict.
C. The updated dashboard will be available to the power user.
D. The updated dashboard will not be available to the power user; they will see their modified version.
11. A customer’s deployment server is overwhelmed with forwarder connections after adding an additional 1000 clients. The default phone home interval is set to 60 seconds. To reduce the number of connection failures to the DS what is recommended?
A. Create a tiered deployment server topology.
B. Reduce the phone home interval to 6 seconds.
C. Leave the phone home interval at 60 seconds.
D. Increase the phone home interval to 600 seconds.
13. What is the Splunk PS recommendation when using the deployment server and building deployment apps?
A. Carefully design smaller apps with specific configuration that can be reused.
B. Only deploy Splunk PS base configurations via the deployment server.
C. Use $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/system/local configurations on forwarders and only deploy TAs via the deployment server.
D. Carefully design bigger apps containing multiple configs.
14. Which of the following processors occur in the indexing pipeline?
A. tcp out, syslog out
B. Regex replacement, annotator
D. UTF-8, linebreaker, header
15. Which configuration item should be set to false to significantly improve data ingestion performance?