Notes: Hi all, We’re sharing AWS Solutions Architect Professional SAP-C02 Practice Exam Part 9 will familiarize you with types of questions you may encounter on the certification exam and help you determine your readiness or if you need more preparation and/or experience. Successful completion of the practice exam does not guarantee you will pass the certification exam as the actual exam is longer and covers a wider range of topics. We highly recommend you should take AWS Solutions Architect Professional SAP-C02 Actual Exam Version because it include actual exam questions and highlighted answers are collected in our exam. It will help you pass exam in easier way.
For PDF Version:
Part 1: https://www.awslagi.com/aws-solutions-architecture-professional-practice-questions/
Part 2: https://www.awslagi.com/aws-solutions-architect-professional-practice-questions-part-2
Part 3: https://www.awslagi.com/aws-solutions-architect-professional-practice-questions-part-3
Part 4: https://www.awslagi.com/aws-solutions-architect-professional-practice-questions-part-4
Part 5: https://www.awslagi.com/aws-solutions-architect-professional-practice-questions-part-5
Part 6: https://www.awslagi.com/aws-solutions-architect-professional-practice-questions-part-6
Part 7: https://www.awslagi.com/aws-solutions-architect-professional-practice-questions-part-7
Part 8: https://www.awslagi.com/aws-solutions-architect-professional-practice-questions-part-8
Part 9: https://www.awslagi.com/aws-solutions-architect-professional-practice-questions-part-9
121. A Solutions Architect is working with a company that operates a standard three-tier web application in AWS. The web and application tiers run on Amazon EC2 and the database tier runs on Amazon RDS. The company is redesigning the web and application tiers to use Amazon API Gateway and AWS Lambda, and the company intends to deploy the new application within 6 months. The IT Manager has asked the Solutions Architect to reduce costs in the interim. Which solution will be MOST cost effective while maintaining reliability?
A. Use Spot Instances for the web tier, On-Demand Instances for the application tier, and Reserved Instances for the database tier.
B. Use On-Demand Instances for the web and application tiers, and Reserved Instances for the database tier.
C. Use Spot Instances for the web and application tiers, and Reserved Instances for the database tier.
D. Use Reserved Instances for the web, application, and database tiers.
122. A company runs a legacy system on a single m4.2xlarge Amazon EC2 instance with Amazon EBS2 storage. The EC2 instance runs both the web server and a self-managed Oracle database. A snapshot is made of the EBS volume every 12 hours, and an AMI was created from the fully configured EC2 instance. A recent event that terminated the EC2 instance led to several hours of downtime. The application was successfully launched from the AMI, but the age of the EBS snapshot and the repair of the database resulted in the loss of 8 hours of data. The system was also down for 4 hours while the Systems Operators manually performed these processes. What architectural changes will minimize downtime and reduce the chance of lost data?
A. Create an Amazon CloudWatch alarm to automatically recover the instance. Create a script that will check and repair the database upon reboot. Subscribe the Operations team to the Amazon SNS message generated by the CloudWatch alarm.
B. Run the application on m4.xlarge EC2 instances behind an Elastic Load Balancer/Application Load Balancer. Run the EC2 instances in an Auto Scaling group across multiple Availability Zones with a minimum instance count of two. Migrate the database to an Amazon RDS Oracle Multi-AZ DB instance.
C. Run the application on m4.2xlarge EC2 instances behind an Elastic Load Balancer/Application Load Balancer. Run the EC2 instances in an Auto Scaling group access multiple Availability Zones with a minimum instance count of one. Migrate the database to an Amazon RDS Oracle Multi-AZ DB instance.
D. Increase the web server instance count to two m4.xlarge instances and use Amazon Route 53 round-robin load balancing to spread the load. Enable Route 53 health checks on the web servers. Migrate the database to an Amazon RDS Oracle Multi-AZ DB instance.
123. A company will several AWS accounts is using AWS Organizations and service control policies (SCPs). An Administrator created the following SCP and has attached it to an organizational unit (OU) that contains AWS account 1111-1111-1111:
Developers working in account 1111-1111-1111 complain that they cannot create Amazon S3 buckets. How should the Administrator address this problem?
A. Add s3:CreateBucket with “Allow” effect to the SCP.
B. Remove the account from the OU, and attach the SCP directly to account 1111-1111-1111.
C. Instruct the Developers to add Amazon S3 permissions to their IAM entities.
D. Remove the SCP from account 1111-1111-1111.
124. A company has a legacy application running on servers on premises. To increase the application’s reliability, the company wants to gain actionable insights using application logs. A Solutions Architect has been given following requirements for the solution: Aggregate logs using AWS. Automate log analysis for errors. Notify the Operations team when errors go beyond a specified threshold. What solution meets the requirements?
A. Install Amazon Kinesis Agent on servers, send logs to Amazon Kinesis Data Streams and use Amazon Kinesis Data Analytics to identify errors, create an Amazon CloudWatch alarm to notify the Operations team of errors
B. Install an AWS X-Ray agent on servers, send logs to AWS Lambda and analyze them to identify errors, use Amazon CloudWatch Events to notify the Operations team of errors.
C. Install Logstash on servers, send logs to Amazon S3 and use Amazon Athena to identify errors, use sendmail to notify the Operations team of errors.
D. Install the Amazon CloudWatch agent on servers, send logs to Amazon CloudWatch Logs and use metric filters to identify errors, create a CloudWatch alarm to notify the Operations team of errors.
125. What combination of steps could a Solutions Architect take to protect a web workload running on Amazon EC2 from DDoS and application layer attacks? (Select two.)
A. Put the EC2 instances behind a Network Load Balancer and configure AWS WAF on it.
B. Migrate the DNS to Amazon Route 53 and use AWS Shield
C. Put the EC2 instances in an Auto Scaling group and configure AWS WAF on it.
D. Create and use an Amazon CloudFront distribution and configure AWS WAF on it.
E. Create and use an internet gateway in the VPC and use AWS Shield.
126. A photo-sharing and publishing company receives 10,000 to 150,000 images daily. The company receives the images from multiple suppliers and users registered with the service. The company is moving to AWS and wants to enrich the existing metadata by adding data using Amazon Rekognition. The following is an example of the additional data:
list celebrities [name of the personality] wearing [color] looking [happy,sad] near [ location example Eiffel Tower in Paris]
As part of the cloud migration program, the company uploaded existing image data to Amazon S3 and told users to upload images directly to Amazon S3. What should the Solutions Architect do to support these requirements?
A. Trigger AWS Lambda based on an S3 event notification to create additional metadata using Amazon Rekognition. Use Amazon DynamoDB to store the metadata and Amazon ES to create an index. Use a web front-end to provide search capabilities backed by Amazon ES.
B. Use Amazon Kinesis to stream data based on an S3 event. Use an application running in Amazon EC2 to extract metadata from the images. Then store the data on Amazon DynamoDB and Amazon CloudSearch and create an index. Use a web front-end with search capabilities backed by CloudSearch.
C. Start an Amazon SQS queue based on S3 event notifications. Then have Amazon SQS send the metadata information to Amazon DynamoDB. An application running on Amazon EC2 extracts data from Amazon Rekognition using the API and adds data to DynamoDB and Amazon ES. Use a web front-end to provide search capabilities backed by Amazon ES.
D. Trigger AWS Lambda based on an S3 event notification to create additional metadata using Amazon Rekognition. Use Amazon RDS MySQL Multi-AZ to store the metadata information and use Lambda to create an index. Use a web front-end with search capabilities backed by Lambda.
127. A Solutions Architect is redesigning an image-viewing and messaging platform to be delivered as SaaS. Currently, there is a farm of virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI) that runs a desktop image viewing application and a desktop messaging application. Both applications use a shared database to manage user accounts and sharing. Users log in from a web portal that launches the applications and streams the view of the application on the user’s machine. The Development Operations team wants to move away from using VDI and wants to rewrite the application. What is the MOST cost-effective architecture that offers both security and ease of management?
B. Run a website from Amazon EC2 Linux servers, storing the images in Amazon S3, and use Amazon Cognito for user accounts and sharing. Create AWS CloudFormation templates to launch the application by using EC2 user data to install and configure the application.
C. Run a website as an AWS Elastic Beanstalk application, storing the images in Amazon S3, and using an Amazon RDS database for user accounts and sharing. Create AWS CloudFormation templates to launch the application and perform blue/green deployments.
D. Run a website from an Amazon S3 bucket that authorizes Amazon AppStream to stream applications for a combined image viewer and messenger that stores images in Amazon S3. Have the website use an Amazon RDS database for user accounts and sharing.
128. A company would like to implement a serverless application by using Amazon API Gateway, AWS Lambda and Amazon DynamoDB. They deployed a proof of concept and stated that the average response time is greater than what their upstream services can accept Amazon CloudWatch metrics did not indicate any issues with DynamoDB but showed that some Lambda functions were hitting their timeout. Which of the following actions should the Solutions Architect consider to improve performance? (Choose two.)
A. Configure the AWS Lambda function to reuse containers to avoid unnecessary startup time.
B. Increase the amount of memory and adjust the timeout on the Lambda function. Complete performance testing to identify the ideal memory and timeout configuration for the Lambda function.
C. Create an Amazon ElastiCache cluster running Memcached, and configure the Lambda function for VPC integration with access to the Amazon ElastiCache cluster.
D. Enable API cache on the appropriate stage in Amazon API Gateway, and override the TTL for individual methods that require a lower TTL than the entire stage.
E. Increase the amount of CPU, and adjust the timeout on the Lambda function. Complete performance testing to identify the ideal CPU and timeout configuration for the Lambda function.
129. A company is migrating an application to AWS. It wants to use fully managed services as much as possible during the migration. The company needs to store large, important documents within the application with the following requirements:
The data must be highly durable and available.
The data must always be encrypted at rest and in transit.
The encryption key must be managed by the company and rotated periodically.
Which of the following solutions should the Solutions Architect recommend?
A. Deploy the storage gateway to AWS in file gateway mode. Use Amazon EBS volume encryption using an AWS KMS key to encrypt the storage gateway volumes.
B. Use Amazon S3 with a bucket policy to enforce HTTPS for connections to the bucket and to enforce server-side encryption and AWS KMS for object encryption.
C. Use Amazon DynamoDB with SSL to connect to DynamoDB. Use an AWS KMS key to encrypt DynamoDB objects at rest.
D. Deploy instances with Amazon EBS volumes attached to store this data. Use EBS volume encryption using an AWS KMS key to encrypt the data.
130. A Solutions Architect is designing a highly available and reliable solution for a cluster of Amazon EC2 instances.
The Solutions Architect must ensure that any EC2 instance within the cluster recovers automatically after a system failure. The solution must ensure that the recovered instance maintains the same IP address. How can these requirements be met?
A. Create an AWS Lambda script to restart any EC2 instances that shut down unexpectedly.
B. Create an Auto Scaling group for each EC2 instance that has a minimum and maximum size of 1.
C. Create a new t2.micro instance to monitor the cluster instances. Configure the t2.micro instance to issue an aws ec2 reboot-instances command upon failure.
D. Create an Amazon CloudWatch alarm for the StatusCheckFailed_System metric, and then configure an EC2 action to recover the instance.
131. A public retail web application uses an Application Load Balancer (ALB) in front of Amazon EC2 instances running across multiple Availability Zones (AZs) in a Region backed by an Amazon RDS MySQL Multi-AZ deployment. Target group health checks are configured to use HTTP and pointed at the product catalog page. Auto Scaling is configured to maintain the web fleet size based on the ALB health check. Recently, the application experienced an outage. Auto Scaling continuously replaced the instances during the outage. A subsequent investigation determined that the web server metrics were within the normal range, but the database tier was experiencing high load, resulting in severely elevated query response times. Which of the following changes together would remediate these issues while improving monitoring capabilities for the availability and functionality of the entire application stack for future growth? (Select TWO.)
A. Configure read replicas for Amazon RDS MySQL and use the single reader endpoint in the web application to reduce the load on the backend database tier.
B. Configure the target group health check to point at a simple HTML page instead of a product catalog page and the Amazon Route 53 health check against the product page to evaluate full application functionality. Configure Amazon CloudWatch alarms to notify administrators when the site fails.
C. Configure the target group health check to use a TCP check of the Amazon EC2 web server and the Amazon Route 53 health check against the product page to evaluate full application functionality. Configure Amazon CloudWatch alarms to notify administrators when the site fails.
D. Configure an Amazon CloudWatch alarm for Amazon RDS with an action to recover a high-load, impaired RDS instance in the database tier.
E. Configure an Amazon ElastiCache cluster and place it between the web application and RDS MySQL instances to reduce the load on the backend database tier.
132. A company is running an email application across multiple AWS Regions. The company uses Ohio (us-east-2) as the primary Region and Northern Virginia (us-east-1) as the Disaster Recovery (DR) Region. The data is continuously replicated from the primary Region to the DR Region by a single instance on the public subnet in both Regions. The replication messages between the Regions have a significant backlog during certain times of the day. The backlog clears on its own after a short time, but it affects the application’s RPO. Which of the following solutions should help remediate this performance problem? (Select TWO)
A. Increase the size of the instances.
B. Have the instance in the primary Region write the data to an Amazon SQS queue in the primary Region instead, and have the instance in the DR Region poll from this queue.
C. Use multiple instances on the primary and DR Regions to send and receive the replication data.
D. Change the DR Region to Oregon (us-west-2) instead of the current DR Region.
E. Attach an additional elastic network interface to each of the instances in both Regions and set up load balancing between the network interfaces.
133. A company has implemented AWS Organizations. It has recently set up a number of new accounts and wants to deny access to a specific set of AWS services in these new accounts. How can this be controlled MOST efficiently?
A. Create an IAM policy in each account that denies access to the services. Associate the policy with an IAM group, and add all IAM users to the group.
B. Create a service control policy that denies access to the services. Add all of the new accounts to a single organizations unit (OU), and apply the policy to that OU.
C. Create an IAM policy in each account that denies access to the service. Associate the policy with an IAM role, and instruct users to log in using their corporate credentials and assume the IAM role.
D. Create a service control policy that denies access to the services, and apply the policy to the root of the organization.
134. A company has deployed an application to multiple environments in AWS, including production and testing. The company has separate accounts for production and testing, and users are allowed to create additional application users for team members or services, as needed. The Security team has asked the Operations team for better isolation between production and testing with centralized controls on security credentials and improved management of permissions between environments. Which of the following options would MOST securely accomplish this goal?
A. Create a new AWS account to hold user and service accounts, such as an identity account. Create users and groups in the identity account. Create roles with appropriate permissions in the production and testing accounts. Add the identity account to the trust policies for the roles.
B. Modify permissions in the production and testing accounts to limit creating new IAM users to members of the Operations team. Set a strong IAM password policy on each account. Create new IAM users and groups in each account to limit developer access to just the services required to complete their job function.
C. Create a script that runs on each account that checks user accounts for adherence to a security policy. Disable any user or service accounts that do not comply.
D. Create all user accounts in the production account. Create roles for access in the production account and testing accounts. Grant cross-account access from the production account to the testing account.
135. The CISO of a large enterprise with multiple IT departments, each with its own AWS account, wants one central place where AWS permissions for users can be managed and users authentication credentials can be synchronized with the company’s existing on-premises solution. Which solution will meet the CISO’s requirements?
A. Define AWS IAM roles based on the functional responsibilities of the users in a central account. Create a SAML-based identity management provider. Map users in the on-premises groups to IAM roles. Establish trust relationships between the other accounts and the central account.
B. Deploy a common set of AWS IAM users, groups, roles, and policies in all of the AWS accounts using AWS Organizations. Implement federation between the on-premises identity provider and the AWS accounts.
C. Use AWS Organizations in a centralized account to define service control policies (SCPs). Create a SAML-based identity management provider in each account and map users in the on-premises groups to AWS IAM roles.
D. Perform a thorough analysis of the user base and create AWS IAM users accounts that have the necessary permissions. Set up a process to provision and de provision accounts based on data in the on-premises solution.
136. A large company has increased its utilization of AWS over time in an unmanaged way. As such, they have a large number of independent AWS accounts across different business units, projects, and environments. The company has created a Cloud Center of Excellence team, which is responsible for managing all aspects of the AWS Cloud, including their AWS accounts. Which of the following should the Cloud Center of Excellence team do to BEST address their requirements in a centralized way? (Select two.)
A. Control all AWS account root user credentials. Assign AWS IAM users in the account of each user who needs to access AWS resources. Follow the policy of least privilege in assigning permissions to each user.
B. Tag all AWS resources with details about the business unit, project, and environment. Send all AWS Cost and Usage reports to a central Amazon S3 bucket, and use tools such as Amazon Athena and Amazon QuickSight to collect billing details by business unit.
C. Use the AWS Marketplace to choose and deploy a Cost Management tool. Tag all AWS resources with details about the business unit, project, and environment. Send all AWS Cost and Usage reports for the AWS accounts to this tool for analysis.
D. Set up AWS Organizations. Enable consolidated billing, and link all existing AWS accounts to a master billing account. Tag all AWS resources with details about the business unit, project and environment. Analyze Cost and Usage reports using tools such as Amazon Athena and Amazon QuickSight to collect billing details by business unit.
E. Using a master AWS account, create IAM users within the master account. Define IAM roles in the other AWS accounts, which cover each of the required functions in the account. Follow the policy of least privilege in assigning permissions to each role, then enable the IAM users to assume the roles that they need to use.
137. To abide by industry regulations, a Solutions Architect must design a solution that will store a company’s critical data in multiple public AWS Regions, including in the United States, where the company’s headquarters is located. The Solutions Architect is required to provide access to the data stored in AWS to the company’s global WAN network. The Security team mandates that no traffic accessing this data should traverse the public internet. How should the Solutions Architect design a highly available solution that meets the requirements and is cost-effective?
A. Establish AWS Direct Connect connections from the company headquarters to all AWS Regions in use. Use the company WAN to send traffic over to the headquarters and then to the respective DX connection to access the data.
B. Establish two AWS Direct Connect connections from the company headquarters to an AWS Region. Use the company WAN to send traffic over a DX connection. Use inter-region VPC peering to access the data in other AWS Regions.
C. Establish two AWS Direct Connect connections from the company headquarters to an AWS Region. Use the company WAN to send traffic over a DX connection. Use an AWS transit VPC solution to access data in other AWS Regions.
D. Establish two AWS Direct Connect connections from the company headquarters to an AWS Region. Use the company WAN to send traffic over a DX connection. Use Direct Connect Gateway to access data in other AWS Regions.
138. A company wants to manage the costs associated with a group of 20 applications that are critical, by migrating to AWS. The applications are a mix of Java and Node.js spread across different instance clusters. The company wants to minimize costs while standardizing by using a single deployment methodology. Most of the applications are part of month-end processing routines with a small number of concurrent users, but they are occasionally run at other times. Average application memory consumption is less than 1 GB, though some applications use as much as 2.5 GB of memory during peak processing. The most important application in the group is a billing report written in Java that accesses multiple data sources and often for several hours. Which is the MOST cost-effective solution?
A. Deploy a separate AWS Lambda function for each application. Use AWS CloudTrail logs and Amazon CloudWatch alarms to verify completion of critical jobs.
B. Deploy Amazon ECS containers on Amazon EC2 with Auto Scaling configured for memory utilization of 75%. Deploy an ECS task for each application being migrated with ECS task scaling. Monitor services and hosts by using Amazon CloudWatch.
C. Deploy AWS Elastic Beanstalk for each application with Auto Scaling to ensure that all requests have sufficient resources. Monitor each AWS Elastic Beanstalk deployment using CloudWatch alarms.
D. Deploy a new amazon EC2 instance cluster that co-hosts all applications by using EC2 Auto Scaling and Application Load Balancers. Scale cluster size based on a custom metric set on instance memory utilization. Purchase 3-year Reserved instance reservations equal to the GroupMaxSize parameter of the Auto Scaling group.
139. A Solutions Architect must build a highly available infrastructure for a popular global video game that runs on a mobile phone platform. The application runs on Amazon EC2 instances behind an Application Load Balancer. The instances run in an Auto Scaling group across multiple Availability Zones. The database tier is an Amazon RDS MySQL. Multi-AZ instance. The entire application stack is deployed in both us-east-1 and eu-central-1. Amazon Route 53 is used to route traffic to the two installations using a latency-based routing policy. A weighted routing policy is configured in Route 53 as a fail-over to another region in case the installation in a region becomes unresponsive. During the testing of disaster recovery scenarios, after blocking access to the Amazon RDS MySQL instance in eu-central-1 from all the application instances running in that region. Route 53 does not automatically failover all traffic to us-east-1. Based on this situation, which changes would allow the infrastructure to failover to us-east-1? (Choose two.)
A. Specify a weight of 100 for the record pointing to the primary Application Load Balancer in us-east1 and a weight of 60 for the pointing to the primary Application Load Balancer in eu-central-1.
B. Specify a weight of 100 for the record pointing to the primary Application Load Balancer in us-east-1 and a weight of 0 for the record pointing to the primary Application Load Balancer in eu-central-1.
C. Set the value of Evaluate Target Health to Yes on the latency alias resources for both eu-central-1 and us-east-1.
D. Write a URL in the application that performs a health check on the database layer. Add it as a health check within the weighted routing policy in both regions.
140. An online e-commerce business is running a workload on AWS. The application architecture includes a web tier, an application tier for business logic, and a database tier for user and transactional data management. The database server has a 100 GB memory requirement. The business requires cost-efficient disaster recovery for the application with an RTO of 5 minutes and an RPO of 1 hour. The business also has a regulatory for out-of region disaster recovery with a minimum distance between the primary and alternate sites of 250 miles. Which of the following options can the Solutions Architect design to create a comprehensive solution for this customer that meets the disaster recovery requirements?
A. Back up the application and database data frequently and copy them to Amazon S3. Replicate the backups using S3 cross-region replication, and use AWS CloudFormation to instantiate infrastructure for disaster recovery and restore data from Amazon S3.
B. Employ a pilot light environment in which the primary database is configured with mirroring to build a standby database on m4.large in the alternate region. Use AWS CloudFormation to instantiate the web servers, application servers and load balancers in case of a disaster to bring the application up in the alternate region. Vertically resize the database to meet the full production demands, and use Amazon Route 53 to switch traffic to the alternate region.
C. Use a scaled-down version of the fully functional production environment in the alternate region that includes one instance of the web server, one instance of the application server, and a replicated instance of the database server in standby mode. Place the web and the application tiers in an Auto Scaling behind a load balancer, which can automatically scale when the load arrives to the application. Use Amazon Route 53 to switch traffic to the alternate region.
D. Employ a multi-region solution with fully functional web, application, and database tiers in both regions with equivalent capacity. Activate the primary database in one region only and the standby database in the other region. Use Amazon Route 53 to automatically switch traffic from one region to another using health check routing policies.
141. A company runs a memory-intensive analytics application using on-demand Amazon EC2 compute optimized instance. The application is used continuously and application demand doubles during working hours. The application currently scales based on CPU usage. When scaling in occurs, a lifecycle hook is used because the instance requires 4 minutes to clean the application state before terminating. Because users reported poor performance during working hours, scheduled scaling actions were implemented so additional instances would be added during working hours. The Solutions Architect has been asked to reduce the cost of the application. Which solution is MOST cost-effective?
A. Use the existing launch configuration that uses C5 instances, and update the application AMI to include the Amazon CloudWatch agent. Change the Auto Scaling policies to scale based on memory utilization. Use Reserved Instances for the number of instances required after working hours, and use Spot Instances to cover the increased demand during working hours.
B. Update the existing launch configuration to use R5 instances, and update the application AMI to include SSM Agent. Change the Auto Scaling policies to scale based on memory utilization. Use Reserved instances for the number of instances required after working hours, and use Spot Instances with on-Demand instances to cover the increased demand during working hours.
C. Use the existing launch configuration that uses C5 instances, and update the application AMI to include SSM Agent. Leave the Auto Scaling policies to scale based on CPU utilization. Use scheduled Reserved Instances for the number of instances required after working hours, and use Spot Instances to cover the increased demand during work hours.
D. Create a new launch configuration using R5 instances, and update the application AMI to include the Amazon CloudWatch agent. Change the Auto Scaling policies to scale based on memory utilization. use Reserved Instances for the number of instances required after working hours, and use Standard Reserved Instances with On-Demand Instances to cover the increased demand during working hours.
142. A company has a data center that must be migrated to AWS as quickly as possible. The data center has a 500 Mbps AWS Direct Connect link and a separate, fully available 1 Gbps ISP connection. A Solutions Architect must transfer 20 TB of data from the data center to an Amazon S3 bucket. What is the FASTEST way to transfer the data?
A. Upload the data to the S3 bucket using the existing DX link.
B. Send the data to AWS using the AWS Import/Export service.
C. Upload the data using an 80 TB AWS Snowball device.
D. Upload the data to the S3 bucket using S3 Transfer Acceleration.
143. A company wants to follow its website on AWS using serverless architecture design patterns for global customers. The company has outlined its requirements as follow:
The website should be responsive.
The website should offer minimal latency.
The website should be highly available.
Users should be able to authenticate through social identity providers such as Google, Facebook, and Amazon.
There should be baseline DDoS protections for spikes in traffic.
How can the design requirements be met?
A. Use Amazon CloudFront with Amazon ECS for hosting the website. Use AWS Secrets Manager for provide user management and authentication functions. Use ECS Docker containers to build an API.
B. Use Amazon Route 53 latency routing with an Application Load Balancer and AWS Fargate in different regions for hosting the website. use Amazon Cognito to provide user management and authentication functions. Use Amazon EKS containers.
C. Use Amazon CloudFront with Amazon S3 for hosting static web resources. Use Amazon Cognito to provide user management authentication functions. Use Amazon API Gateway with AWS Lambda to build an API.
D. Use AWS Direct Connect with Amazon CloudFront and Amazon S3 for hosting static web resource. Use Amazon Cognito to provide user management authentication functions. Use AWS Lambda to build an API.
144. A company is currently using AWS CodeCommit for its source control and AWS CodePipeline for continuous integration. The pipeline has a build stage for building the artifacts which is then staged in an Amazon S3 bucket. The company has identified various improvement opportunities in the existing process, and a Solutions Architect has been given the following requirement: Create a new pipeline to support feature development Support feature development without impacting production applications Incorporate continuous testing with unit tests Isolate development and production artifacts Support the capability to merge tested code into production code. How should the Solutions Architect achieve these requirements?
A. Trigger a separate pipeline from CodeCommit feature branches. Use AWS CodeBuild for running unit tests. Use CodeBuild to stage the artifacts within an S3 bucket in a separate testing account.
B. Trigger a separate pipeline from CodeCommit feature branches. Use AWS Lambda for running unit tests. Use AWS CodeDeploy to stage the artifacts within an S3 bucket in a separate testing account.
C. Trigger a separate pipeline from CodeCommit tags Use Jenkins for running unit tests. Create a stage in the pipeline with S3 as the target for staging the artifacts with an S3 bucket in a separate testing account.
D. Create a separate CodeCommit repository for feature development and use it to trigger the pipeline. Use AWS Lambda for running unit tests. Use AWS CodeBuild to stage the artifacts within different S3 buckets in the same production account.
145. A company runs an ordering system on AWS using Amazon SQS and AWS Lambda, with each order received as a JSON message. Recently the company had a marketing event that led to a tenfold increase in orders. With this increase, the following undesired behaviors started in the ordering system: Lambda failures while processing orders lead to queue backlogs. The same orders have been processed multiple times. A solutions Architect has been asked to solve the existing issues with the ordering system and add the following resiliency features: Retain problematic orders for analysis. Send notification if errors go beyond a threshold value.
How should the Solutions Architect meet these requirements?
A. Receive multiple messages with each Lambda invocation, add error handling to message processing code and delete messages after processing, increase the visibility timeout for the messages, create a dead letter queue for messages that could not be processed, create an Amazon CloudWatch alarm on Lambda errors for notification.
B. Receive single messages with each Lambda invocation, put additional Lambda workers to poll the queue, delete messages after processing, increase the message timer for the messages, use Amazon CloudWatch Logs for messages that could not be processed, create a CloudWatch alarm on Lambda errors for notification.
C. Receive multiple messages with each Lambda invocation, use long polling when receiving the messages, log the errors from the message processing code using Amazon CloudWatch Logs, create a dead letter queue with AWS Lambda to capture failed invocations, create CloudWatch events on Lambda errors for notification.
D. Receive multiple messages with each Lambda invocation, add error handling to message processing code and delete messages after processing, increase the visibility timeout for the messages, create a delay queue for messages that could not be processed, create an Amazon CloudWatch metric on Lambda errors for notification.
An organization has recently grown through acquisitions. Two of the purchased companies use the same IP CIDR range. There is a new short-term requirement to allow AnyCompany A (VPC-A) to communicate with a server that has the IP address 10.0.0.77 in AnyCompany B (VPC-B). AnyCompany A must also communicate with all resources in AnyCompany C (VPC-C). The Network team has created the VPC peer links, but it is having issues with communications between VPC-A and VPC-B. After an investigation, the team believes that the routing tables in the VPCs are incorrect. What configuration will allow AnyCompany A to communicate with AnyCompany C in addition to the database in AnyCompany B?
A. On VPC-A, create a static route for the VPC-B CIDR range (10.0.0.0/24) across VPC peer pcx-AB.
Create a static route of 10.0.0.0/16 across VPC peer pcx-AC.
On VPC-B, create a static route for VPC-A CIDR (172.16.0.0/24) on peer pcx-AB.
On VPC-C, create a static route for VPC-A CIDR (172.16.0.0/24) across peer pcx-AC.
B. On VPC-A, enable dynamic route propagation on pcx-AB and pcx-AC.
On VPC-B, enable dynamic route propagation and use security groups to allow only the IP address 10.0.0.77/32 on VPC peer pcx-AB.
On VPC-C, enable dynamic route propagation with VPC-A on peer pcx-AC.
C. On VPC-A, create network access control lists that block the IP address 10.0.0.77/32 on VPC peer pcx-AC.
On VPC-A, create a static route for VPC-B CIDR (10.0.0.0/24) on pcx-AB and a static route for VPC-C CIDR (10.0.0.0/24) on pcx-AC.
On VPC-B, create a static route for VPC-A CIDR (172.16.0.0/24) across peer pcx-AB.
On VPC-C, create a static route for VPC-A CIDR (172.16.0.0/24) across peer pcx-AC.
D. On VPC-A, create a static route for the VPC-B CIDR (10.0.0.77/32) database across VPC peer pcx-AB.
Create a static route for the VPC-C CIDR on VPC peer pcx-AC.
On VPC-B, create a static route for VPC-A CIDR (172.16.0.0/24) on peer pcx-AB.
On VPC-C, create a static route for VPC-A CIDR (172.16.0.0/24) across peer pcx-AC.
147. A company is designing a new highly available web application on AWS. The application requires consistent and reliable connectivity from the application servers in AWS to a backend REST API hosted in the company’s on-premises environment. The backend connection between AWS and on-premises will be routed over an AWS Direct Connect connection through a private virtual interface. Amazon Route 53 will be used to manage private DNS records for the application to resolve the IP address on the backend REST API. Which design would provide a reliable connection to the backend API?
A. Implement at least two backend endpoints for the backend REST API, and use Route 53 health checks to monitor the availability of each backend endpoint and perform DNS-level failover.
B. Install a second Direct Connect connection from a different network carrier and attach it to the same virtual private gateway as the first Direct Connect connection.
C. Install a second cross connect for the same Direct Connect connection from the same network carrier, and join both connections to the same link aggregation group (LAG) on the same private virtual interface.
D. Create an IPSec VPN connection routed over the public internet from the on-premises data center to AWS and attach it to the same virtual private gateway as the Direct Connect connection.
148. A retail company is running an application that stores invoice files in Amazon S3 bucket and metadata about the files in an Amazon. The S3 bucket and DynamoDB table are in us-east-1. The company wants to protect itself from data corruption and loss of connectivity to either Region. Which option meets these requirements?
A. Create a DynamoDB global table to replicate data between us-east-1 and eu-west-1. Enable continuous backup on the DynamoDB table in us-east-1. Enable versioning on the S3 bucket.
B. Create an AWS Lambda function triggered by Amazon CloudWatch Events to make regular backups of the DynamoDB table. Set up S3 cross-region replication from us-east-1 to eu-west-1. Set up MFA delete on the S3 bucket in us-east-1.
C. Create a DynamoDB global table to replicate data between us-east-1 and eu-west-1. Enable versioning on the S3 bucket. Implement strict ACLs on the S3 bucket.
D. Create a DynamoDB global table to replicate data between us-east-1 and eu-west-1. Enable continuous backup on the DynamoDB table in us-east-1. Set up S3 cross-region replication from us-east-1 to eu-west-1.
149. A company wants to launch an online shopping website in multiple countries and must ensure that customers are protected against potential “man-in-the-middle” attacks. Which architecture will provide the MOST secure site access?
A. Use Amazon Route 53 for domain registration and DNS services. Enable DNSSEC for all Route 53 requests. use AWS Certificate Manager (ACM) to register TLS/SSL certificates for the shopping website, and use Application Load Balancers configured with those TLS/SSL certificates for the site. Use the Server Name Identification extension in all client requests to the site.
B. Register 2048-bit encryption keys from a third-party certificate service. Use a third-party DNS provider that uses the customer managed keys for DNSSec. Upload the keys to ACM, and use ACM to automatically deploy the certificates for secure web services to an EC2 front-end web server fleet by using NGINX. Use the Server Name Identification extension in all client requests to the site.
C. Use Route 53 for domain registration. Register 2048-bit encryption keys from a third-party certificate. Use a third-party DNS service that supports DNSSEC for DNS requests that use the customer managed keys. Import the customer managed keys to ACM to deploy the certificates to Classic Load Balancers configured with those TLS/SSL certificates for the site. Use the Server Name Identification extension in all clients requests to the site.
D. Use Route 53 for domain registration, and host the company DNS root servers on Amazon EC2 instances running Bind. Enable DNSSEC for DNS requests. Use ACM to register TLS/SSL certificates for the shopping website, and use Application Load Balancers configured with those TLS/SSL certificates for the site. Use the Server Name Identification extension in all client requests to the site.
150. A company is creating an account strategy so that they can begin using AWS. The Security team will provide each team with the permissions they need to follow the principle or least privileged access. Teams would like to keep their resources isolated from other groups, and the Finance team would like each team’s resource usage separated for billing purposes. Which account creation process meets these requirements and allows for changes?
A. Create a new AWS Organizations account. Create groups in Active Directory and assign them to roles in AWS to grant federated access. Require each team to tag their resources, and separate bills based on tags. Control access to resources through IAM granting the minimally required privilege.
B. Create individual accounts for each team. Assign the security as the master account, and enable consolidated billing for all other accounts. Create a cross-account role for security to manage accounts, and send logs to a bucket in the security account.
C. Create a new AWS account, and use AWS Service Catalog to provide teams with the required resources. Implement a third-party billing to provide the Finance team with the resource use for each team based on tagging. Isolate resources using IAM to avoid account sprawl. Security will control and monitor logs and permissions.
D. Create a master account for billing using Organizations, and create each team’s account from that master account. Create a security account for logs and cross-account access. Apply service control policies on each account, and grant the Security team cross-account access to all accounts. Security will create IAM policies for each account to maintain least privilege access.
151. A company has a 24 TB MySQL database in its on-premises data center that grows at the rate of 10 GB per day. The data center is connected to the company’s AWS infrastructure with a 50 Mbps VPN connection. The company is migrating the application and workload to AWS. The application code is already installed and tested on Amazon EC2. The company now needs to migrate the database and wants to go live on AWS within 3 weeks.
Which of the following approaches meets the schedule with LEAST downtime?
1. Use the VM Import/Export service to import a snapshot on the on-premises database into AWS.
2. Launch a new EC2 instance from the snapshot.
3. Set up ongoing database replication from on premises to the EC2 database over the VPN.
4. Change the DNS entry to point to the EC2 database.
5. Stop the replication.
1. Launch an AWS DMS instance.
2. Launch an Amazon RDS Aurora MySQL DB instance.
3. Configure the AWS DMS instance with on-premises and Amazon RDS database information.
4. Start the replication task within AWS DMS over the VPN.
5. Change the DNS entry to point to the Amazon RDS MySQL database.
6. Stop the replication.
1. Create a database export locally using database-native tools.
2. Import that into AWS using AWS Snowball.
3. Launch an Amazon RDS Aurora DB instance.
4. Load the data in the RDS Aurora DB instance from the export.
5. Set up database replication from the on-premises database to the RDS Aurora DB instance over the VPN.
6. Change the DNS entry to point to the RDS Aurora DB instance.
7. Stop the replication.
1. Take the on-premises application offline.
2. Create a database export locally using database-native tools.
3. Import that into AWS using AWS Snowball.
4. Launch an Amazon RDS Aurora DB instance.
5. Load the data in the RDS Aurora DB instance from the export.
6. Change the DNS entry to point to the Amazon RDS Aurora DB instance.
7. Put the Amazon EC2 hosted application online.
152. A company wants to allow its Marketing team to perform SQL queries on customer records to identify market segments. The data is spread across hundreds of files. The records must be encrypted in transit and at rest. The Team Manager must have the ability to manage users and groups, but no team members should have access to services or resources not required for the SQL queries. Additionally, Administrators need to audit the queries made and receive notifications when a query violates rules defined by the Security team. AWS Organizations has been used to create a new account and an AWS IAM user with administrator permissions for the Team Manager. Which design meets these requirements?
A. Apply a service control policy (SCP) that allows access to IAM, Amazon RDS, and AWS CloudTrail. Load customer records in Amazon RDS MySQL and train users to execute queries using the AWS CLI. Stream the query logs to Amazon CloudWatch Logs from the RDS database instance. use a subscription filter with AWS lambda functions to audit and alarm on queries against personal data.
B. Apply a service control policy (SCP) that denies access to all services except IAM, Amazon Athena, Amazon S3, and AWS CloudTrail. Store customer record files in Amazon S3 and train users to execute queries using the CLI via Athena. Analyze CloudTrail events to audit and alarm on queries against personal data.
C. Apply a service control policy (SCP) that denies to all services except IAM, Amazon DynamoDB, and AWS CloudTrail. Store customer records in DynamoDB and train users to execute queries using the AWS CLI. Enable DynamoDB streams to track the queries that are issued and use an AWS Lambda function for real-time monitoring and alerting.
D. Apply a service control policy (SCP) that allows to IAM, Amazon Athena, Amazon S3, and AWS CloudTrail. Store customer records as files in Amazon S3 and train users to leverage the Amazon S3 Select feature and execute queries using the AWS CLI. Enable S3 object-level logging and analyze CloudTrail events to audit and alarm on queries against personal data.
153. A Solutions Architect is responsible for redesigning a legacy Java application to improve its availability, data durability, and scalability. Currently, the application runs on a single high-memory Amazon EC2 instance. It accepts HTTP requests from upstream clients, adds them to an in memory queue, and responds with a 200 status. A separate application thread reads items from the queue, processes them, and persists the results to an Amazon RDS MySQL instance. The processing time for each item takes 90 seconds on average., most of which is spent waiting on external service calls, but the application is written to process multiple items in parallel. Traffic to this service is unpredictable. During periods of high load, items may sit in the internal queue for over an hour while the application processes the backing. In addition, the current system has issues with availability and data if the single application node fails. Clients that access this service cannot be modified. They expect to receive a response to each HTTP request they send within 10 seconds before they will time out and retry the request. Which approach would improve the availability and durability of the system while decreasing the processing latency and minimizing costs?
A. Create an Amazon API Gateway REST API that uses Lambda proxy integration to pass requests to an AWS Lambda function. Migrate the core processing code to a Lambda function and write a wrapper class that provides a handler method that converts the proxy events to the internal application data model and invokes the processing module.
B. Create an Amazon API Gateway REST API that uses a service proxy to put items in an Amazon SQS queue. Extract the core processing code from the existing application and update it to pull items from Amazon SQS queue. Extract the core processing code from the existing application and update it to pull items from Amazon SQS instead of an in-memory queue. Deploy the new processing application to smaller EC2 instances within an Auto Scaling group that scales dynamically based on the approximate number of messages in the Amazon SQS queue.
C. Modify the application to use Amazon DynamoDB instead of Amazon RDS. Configure Auto Scaling for the DynamoDB table. Deploy the application within an Auto Scaling group with a scaling policy based on CPU utilization. Back the in-memory queue with a memory-mapped file to an instance store volume and periodically write that file to Amazon S3.
D. Update the application to use a Redis task queue instead of the in-memory queue. Build a Docker container image for the application. Create an Amazon ECS task definition that includes the application container and a separate container to host Redis. Deploy the new task definition as an ECS service using AWS Fargate and enable Auto Scaling.
154. A Solutions Architect needs to migrate a legacy application from on premises to AWS. On premises, the application runs on two Linux servers behind a load balancer and accesses a database that is master-master on two servers. Each application server requires a license file that is tied to the MAC address of the server’s network adapter. It takes the software vendor 12 hours to send ne license files through email. The application requires configuration files to use static. IPv4 addresses to access the database servers, not DNS. Given these requirements, which steps should be taken together to enable a scalable architecture for the application servers? (Choose two.)
A.Create a pool of ENIs, request license files from the vendor for the pool, and store the license files within Amazon S3. Create automation to download an unused license, and attach the corresponding ENI at boot time.
B.Create a pool of ENIs, request license files from the vendor for the pool, store the license files on an Amazon EC2 instance, modify the configuration files, and create an AMI from the instance. use this AMI for all instances.
C. Create a bootstrap automation to request a new license file from the vendor with a unique return email. Have the server configure itself with the received license file.
D. Create bootstrap automation to attach an ENI from the pool, read the database IP addresses from AWS Systems Manager Parameter Store, and inject those parameters into the local configuration files. Keep SSM up to date using a Lambda function.
E. Install the application on an EC2 instance, configure the application, and configure the IP address information. Create an AMI from this instance and use if for all instances.
155. A company has an Amazon VPC that is divided into a public subnet and a private subnet. A web application runs in Amazon VPC, and each subnet has its own NACL. The public subnet has a CIDR of 10.0.0.0/24. An Application Load Balancer is deployed to the public subnet. The private subnet has a CIDR of 10.0.1.0/24. Amazon EC2 instances that run a web server on port 80 are launched into the private subnet. Only network traffic that is required for the Application Load Balancer to access the web application can be allowed to travel between the public and private subnets. What collection of rules should be written to ensure that the private subnet’s NACL meets the requirement? (Choose two.)
A. An inbound rule for port 80 from source 0.0.0.0/0.
B. An inbound rule for port 80 from source 10.0.0.0/24.
C. An outbound rule for port 80 to destination 0.0.0.0/0.
D. An outbound rule for port 80 to destination 10.0.0.0/24.
E. An outbound rule for ports 1024 through 65535 to destination 10.0.0.0/24.
156. A company has an internal AWS Elastic Beanstalk worker environment inside a VPC that must access an external payment gateway API available on an HTTPS endpoint on the public internet. Because of security policies, the payment gateway’s Application team can grant access to only one public IP address. Which architecture will set up an Elastic Beanstalk environment to access the company’s application without making multiple changes on the company’s end?
A. Configure the Elastic Beanstalk application to place Amazon EC2 instances in a private subnet with an outbound route to a NAT gateway in a public subnet. Associate an Elastic IP address to the NAT gateway that can be whitelisted on the payment gateway application side.
B. Configure the Elastic Beanstalk application to place Amazon EC2 instances in a public subnet with an internet gateway. Associate an Elastic IP address to the internet gateway that can be whitelisted on the payment gateway application side.
C. Configure the Elastic Beanstalk application to place Amazon EC2 instances in a private subnet. Set an HTTPS_PROXY application parameter to send outbound HTTPS connections to an EC2 proxy server deployed in a public subnet. Associate an Elastic IP address to the EC2 proxy host that can be whitelisted on the payment gateway application side.
D. Configure the Elastic Beanstalk application to place Amazon EC2 instances in a public subnet. Set the HTTPS_PROXY and NO_PROXY application parameters to send non-VPC outbound HTTPS connections to an EC2 proxy server deployed in a public subnet. Associate an Elastic IP address to the EC2 proxy host that can be whitelisted on the payment gateway application side
157. A company has a website that enables users to upload videos. Company policy states the uploaded videos must be analyzed for restricted content. An uploaded video is placed in Amazon S3, and a message is pushed to an Amazon SQS queue with the video’s location. A backend application pulls this location from Amazon SQS and analyzes the video. The video analysis is compute-intensive and occurs sporadically during the day. The website scales with demand. The video analysis application runs on a fixed number of instances. Peak demand occurs during the holidays, so the company must add instances to the application during this time. All instances used are currently on-demand Amazon EC2 T2 instances. The company wants to reduce the cost of the current solution. Which of the following solutions is MOST cost-effective?
A. Keep the website on T2 instances. Determine the minimum number of website instances required during off-peak times and use Spot Instances to cover them while using Reserved Instances to cover the peak demand. Use Amazon EC2 R4 and Amazon EC2 R5 Reserved Instances in an Auto Scaling group for the video analysis application.
B. Keep the website on T2 instances. Determine the minimum number of website instances required during off-peak times and use Reserved Instances to cover them while using On-Demand Instances to cover peak demand. Use Spot Fleet for the video analysis application comprised of Amazon EC2 C4 and Amazon EC2 C5 Spot Instances.
C. Migrate the website to AWS Elastic Beanstalk and Amazon EC2 C4 instances. Determine the minimum number of website instances required during off-peak times and use On-Demand Instances to cover them while using Spot capacity to cover peak demands. Use Spot Fleet for the video analysis application comprised of C4 and Amazon EC2 C5 instances.
D. Migrate the website to AWS Elastic Beanstalk and Amazon EC2 R4 instances. Determine the minimum number of website instances required during off-peak times and use Reserved Instances to cover them while using On-Demand Instances to cover peak demands. Use Spot Fleet for the video analysis application comprised of R4 and Amazon EC2 R5 instances.
158. A company is planning the migration of several lab environments used for software testing. An assortment of custom tooling is used to manage the test runs for each lab. The labs use immutable infrastructure for the software test runs, and the results are stored in a highly available SQL database cluster. Although completely rewriting the custom tooling is out of scope for the migration project, the company would like to optimize workloads during the migration. Which application migration strategy meets this requirement?
159. A company has an application written using an in-house software framework. The framework installation takes 30 minutes and is performed with a user data script. Company Developers deploy changes to the application frequently. The framework installation is becoming a bottleneck in this process. Which of the following would speed up this process?
A. Create a pipeline to build a custom AMI with the framework installed and use this AMI as a baseline for application deployments.
B. Employ a user data script to install the framework but compress the installation files to make them smaller.
C. Create a pipeline to parallelize the installation tasks and call this pipeline from a user data script.
D. Configure an AWS OpsWorks cookbook that installs the framework instead of employing user data. Use this cookbook as a base for all deployments.
160. An e-commerce company is revamping its IT infrastructure and is planning to use AWS services. The company’s CIO has asked a Solutions Architect to design a simple, highly available, and loosely coupled order processing application. The application is responsible for receiving and processing orders before storing them in an Amazon DynamoDB table. The application has a sporadic traffic pattern and should be able to scale during marketing campaigns to process the orders with minimal delays. Which of the following is the MOST reliable approach to meet the requirements?
A. Receive the orders in an Amazon EC2-hosted database and use EC2 instances to process them.
B. Receive the orders in an Amazon SQS queue and trigger an AWS Lambda function to process them.
C. Receive the orders using the AWS Step Functions program and trigger an Amazon ECS container to process them.
D. Receive the orders in Amazon Kinesis Data Streams and use Amazon EC2 instances to process them.